Eyelash extension glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I right in thinking a primer would take any oils out of the natural lash and help the glue adhere properly therefore applying before the lashes? and a sealant after to help keep them bonded to the natural lashes?
Tia x

Primer is an absolute MUST to remove the oils and dehydrate the lash.

Personally, I think sealer is a waste of time
If lashes are correctly primed and applied, sealant won't make much of a difference (IMO)

Primer is an absolute MUST to remove the oils and dehydrate the lash.

Personally, I think sealer is a waste of time
If lashes are correctly primed and applied, sealant won't make much of a difference (IMO)

I only see a difference in clients that have their own and use it properly and regularly x

I will have to take a look at my friends lashes to see what they look like up close.

Can you please answer a few more questions for me?

How long does it take you to do a full set (approximately 110-120) lashes?

Do you charge your clients 1-2 weeks=set price, then 3 weeks different price, etc? when I first started i tried to let clients come back when they felt they needed fill ins but found that most abused this and would come back a month later and wanted refills when they needed practically a new set.

Thanks in advance :)

I am a competent lash tech, so for me to do a full on glam set which would be in excess of 110 lashes, takes me approx an hour and a half, but I'm a fast lasher and lash day in day out all day lol

I know elliebee charges her infills by time which is a great way to do it. I don't, my infill appoints are 45 mins and I charge a set price for that for everyone. I generally get to know my clients and know if they are not looking after their lashes, In Which case I have a few stern words with them lol

I always explain to my clients that if they have less then 50% of their lashes left, then it would have to be a half set and charged accordingly, this stops clients coming with 2 lashes on and expecting an infill!!!

Hope that all helps xx

thank you Blinkingorgeous

unfortunately it takes me 2x as long lol but i am getting slightly faster :)
im definitely still trying to figure out the business aspect of it, its kind of hard not to let clients take advantage of you in the beginning but im getting better at that too.

Good morning lovely Geeks! :)
This thread has been very useful (well, most of it! Lol) so thank you very much :)

I trained in marvel lash about 15 months ago.... I haven't done any lashes in about 10 months!!! I gave up, I thought I was rubbish as people were coming back in a week to say they were coming off, I watched video after video and couldn't see anything I was doing wrong, so I figured lashing wasn't for me.... That was until I discovered this site!!! I then realised - maybe it is the products seeing as it was marvel lash (booooooo!) so after reading A LOT of lash posts on here, I have decided to give it another go :)

Obviously I am going to change brands, but I bought A LOT of marvel lash lashes lol, so I was wondering, am I able to use my Marvel Lash lashes but get my glue and primer from another provider? Or should the correct lashes go with the correct glue etc? Xxxx

so after reading A LOT of lash posts on here, I have decided to give it another go :)

Obviously I am going to change brands, but I bought A LOT of marvel lash lashes lol, so I was wondering, am I able to use my Marvel Lash lashes but get my glue and primer from another provider? Or should the correct lashes go with the correct glue etc? Xxxx

well done you for giving things another go :hug:

Any glue can be used with any brand of lashes however it is obvious that you use the same removers as the glue brand you go with
HTH and good luck :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can as long as you use the appropriate adhesive and lashes together ie semi permanent lashes / cluster lashes and strip lashes would require different adhesive types.

Why not ask a few companies for samples so you can try the adhesives and see which one works best for you? That way you can try and build your confidence in the treatment again?

Good morning lovely Geeks! :)
This thread has been very useful (well, most of it! Lol) so thank you very much :)

I trained in marvel lash about 15 months ago.... I haven't done any lashes in about 10 months!!! I gave up, I thought I was rubbish as people were coming back in a week to say they were coming off, I watched video after video and couldn't see anything I was doing wrong, so I figured lashing wasn't for me.... That was until I discovered this site!!! I then realised - maybe it is the products seeing as it was marvel lash (booooooo!) so after reading A LOT of lash posts on here, I have decided to give it another go :)

Yes you can as long as you use the appropriate adhesive and lashes together ie semi permanent lashes / cluster lashes and strip lashes would require different adhesive types.

Why not ask a few companies for samples so you can try the adhesives and see which one works best for you? That way you can try and build your confidence in the treatment again?

That's a good idea. I may contact a few thank you :)

I will definitely not be using strip or cluster lashes lol!!!

Xxx

well done you for giving things another go :hug:

Any glue can be used with any brand of lashes however it is obviouse that you use the same removers as the glue brand you go with
HTH and good luck :hug:

Thanks Collin :) I like your little plug there of your products hahaha! I may give it a go :) do you do samples? Xxx

Has anybody used the Flashlash glue by Lashout!lashes? Amazing, once i tryed this i would never go back they also do a sensitive one aswell. It really is a musy guys their online store

Well worth a try!

Has anybody used the Flashlash glue by Lashout!lashes? Amazing, once i tryed this i would never go back they also do a sensitive one aswell. It really is a musy guys their online store

Well worth a try!

I used it in Australia and its the best one I've used too !!! X

Latest posts

Back