Eyelash extension mapping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lje

Reaction score
Hi lashers!

I’ve recently completed a course in eyelash extensions, just standard not Russian etc. I feel like they covered health and safety and application fine, but eyelash mapping....I’m lost. I’ve had a look online and now just more confused. They said to tailor each set to the individuals eye shape. Which I kind of get. But do you do that by eye/draw it out on the silicone pad? I know this might seem such a silly thing to be so worried about for some people but I’m a bit of a process driven person I tend to thrive best when there’s a good template/structure to follow. I feel like the course didn’t cover this area well and was just a bit slap dash just go for whatever you think looks good.

Any advice would really be appreciated as I feel like I’ve got application nailed now, just want to perfect the outcome with shape x

Hi lashers!

I’ve recently completed a course in eyelash extensions, just standard not Russian etc. I feel like they covered health and safety and application fine, but eyelash mapping....I’m lost. I’ve had a look online and now just more confused. They said to tailor each set to the individuals eye shape. Which I kind of get. But do you do that by eye/draw it out on the silicone pad? I know this might seem such a silly thing to be so worried about for some people but I’m a bit of a process driven person I tend to thrive best when there’s a good template/structure to follow. I feel like the course didn’t cover this area well and was just a bit slap dash just go for whatever you think looks good.

Any advice would really be appreciated as I feel like I’ve got application nailed now, just want to perfect the outcome with shape x
Hi

Yes you have to draw mapping on undereye tape or gel patches whatever you use . It is much more easy when you are doing this as during lash application prosess is easy to get lost which length shall a stick here which curls etc .
There is many kind of stylisation mixing lengths curls thickness and layers .
I don't know how many trainings have you done and what was covered exactly but for example I teach my student on foundation training 3 kind of stylisation ready with mapping then on light volume course extra 2 and then advance volume at least another 2-3. But I also teach them how you can create your own style and styling as it is very indywidual .

Good luck in lashing x

Latest posts

Back