Eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisareid

Reaction score
I'm currently training in nouveau lashes in Dundee at the moment and practiced on my best friend the other night. It went really well and I was pleased to have put on about 40 eyelashes in 2 1/2 hrs. I'm doing all my training in the evening, I am finding with the lamps this is achieveable but I have been advised that I should be training through the day? Also the gel pads reacted badly with my friend, I don't feel confident to use the pore tape yet on it's own, could I perhaps use this underneath the gel pads? Finally at the end of the treatment one of her eyes got a bit stuck with the lower lashes touching the top lashes. I did check at varies stages of the treatment that the lashes were not stuck to the gel pads but any tips please as I would hate this to happen to someone else. Thank you!!:):)

Yes you can definitely use the microporous tape under the gel pads...that keeps the lashes in place and out of the way and helps to moisturize and soothe the skin.
If your vision is ok and the lighting in the room is ok it shouldnt make any difference whether you do the treatments and practising in the daytime or at night and if you are struggeling it might be an idea to use a mag lamp which helps to make the lashes a lot easier to see :hug:

I've had a couple of people react to the gel pads, so i tape the lashes down first and then put the gel pad on top but just a little further down. Make sure you detack the tape on the back of your hand first so it's not too sticky.
When you first start training, it's very easy to use too much glue and then you get the problem of the lashes sticking on to the tape. You can put a bit of micropore tape on the eyelid before you start a treatment. This will lift the lashes up a little bit. This is also great for clients that have downward facing lashes. Just put the tape on the lid and pull it up towards the brow and stick down.
You just need to check the lashes every now and then to check they haven't stuck. You can gently just lift the eyelid up, without the client opening their eye, to check for any stickies. Also you can just get your tweezers lengthways and lift the lashes from underneath.
The more sets you do, the less stickies you get.
Good luck :hug:

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. It's quite daunting re-training in a new area, but I am really enjoying it. I have 2 lamps either side that seem to do the trick. I have someone coming out on Wednesday evening so I will use the pore tape and pads! :)

Any useful hints for isolating the lash? I seem to always get about 2/3 stuck together and seems to take me forever to get just the one LOL!!!

Hi,

Im new to salon geek and new to lashes! thanks for your posts they have really helped me! I have got a trial set of lashes for a job in the next week or so and i am really nervous about sticking the lashes together! this has give me more confidence!

Many thanks!

rochelle :o

Latest posts

Back