Eyelash Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisareid

Reaction score
Do I need to use anything on the eye area before I put my pore tape down to cover the lower eyelashes? Any advice would be great, thank you:hug:

Hi Lisa,

Personally, I don't put anything on under the tape. I just de-tack it a bit on the back of my hand so it isn't too sticky. I also half the width of the tape as I find the narrower strips do the job perfectly but are much easier to remove. I put a gel pad on top of the tape so clients are getting the collagen treatment. This way, I don't need to place the pad right up to the lashline which is ideal as some clients were getting a reaction to the gel.

Elaine

Thank you so much Elaine! :hug::)

I agree with Elaine, and wouldnt put anything underneath but if you have a client with really dry skin you can put a bit of moisturizer on the skin (but keep away from eye and the lashes) to stop the tape sticking too much on the skin, but generally you wont have a problem if you use the gel pads over that area as that will keep the skin moist and pampered throughout the treatment.

Thank you Wowbb for your advice again:hug::)

Latest posts

Back