Eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awx1996

Reaction score
Hiiii,

I have a few questions regarding eyelash extensions as still fairly new to all of this. I work in a salon 33 hours per week so for extra cash I like to offer a bit of mobile treatments to my Facebook friends. I don't do a great deal probably about 3 lashes per month so am looking for a good eyelash glue to use that isn't too expensive as like I say I don't do a great deal to be paying for an expensive adhesive. I currently use fairy fix master which seems to last and isn't too expensive but the clients I have done have said it's extremely stingy and after looking on reviews I have saw it's a lot stronger than usual adhesives so am looking to change.

Also if anyone has any useful tips to do with application or anything then feel free as I am always looking to improve and still feel like I could do better!

Thank you! X

I work mobile also and only do about 3-4 lashes a week. I often found my glues went off before I'd got through a bottle so recently purchased Flirties glues which are 0.5 mini size ones for one use so you only unseal them as you use them. Their expert and ultra (fastest setting) glues are amazing.

I work mobile also and only do about 3-4 lashes a week. I often found my glues went off before I'd got through a bottle so recently purchased Flirties glues which are 0.5 mini size ones for one use so you only unseal them as you use them. Their expert and ultra (fastest setting) glues are amazing.

Oh brilliant! So do you just buy 5 or so at a time and see how you get on and use 1 per client? Which one do you prefer?

Have you tried glue from Lash base or Eyeluvlashes? (Really good suppliers)

Maybe using a clear glue might reduce the sting (regular adhesive has carbon which gives it it's colour & irritates sensitive eyes)

http://www.eyeluvlashes.co.uk/eyeluvlashesonlineshop/cat_1138693-Nano-Mister.html

Last edited:
I use flirties expert and ultra. I have started using g the smaller bottles rather than the bigger bottles too x

Oh brilliant I have never heard of a nano mister before I may research about that thank you! And I'm looking for a more cheaper but high quality glue as I do only do around 3/4 lashes per month so wouldn't be making much profit off a glue which is costing me around £30 ☹️

Last edited:
Thank you again! X

Lash Factor do 5ml bottles of Sky at a very good price and they also sell the 2ml as well. The nano misters are also great as the water tank is detachable so the water doesn't go everywhere :)
www.lashfactor.co.uk

Thank you very much I'll have a look at that x

Take a look at eyelash excellence.
The intermediate glue is a good one

Don't be so quick to get a Nano mister

If you are controlling temp and humidity in your lash space then you do not need to use a Nano mister and you will actually shock cure the lashes resulting in them falling off the next day

Sadly they are misunderstood by most who assume they suddenly cure the glue resulting in amazing retention

Thank you frankie I will have a look on that site :)

Actually I use a nanomister with great success. It's a must for those clients that have sensitive eyes. You can mist throughout the procedure and at the end. As long as you are not completely saturating the lashes then nanomisters are absolutely fine to use. I have been lashing for 7 years and have never had anyone's lashes fall off the next day!

Actually I use a nanomister with great success. It's a must for those clients that have sensitive eyes. You can mist throughout the procedure and at the end. As long as you are not completely saturating the lashes then nanomisters are absolutely fine to use. I have been lashing for 7 years and have never had anyone's lashes fall off the next day!

Thank you so how does this actually work? Is it just normal water?

Here is a video of it in action.
It's best used with distilled water.

Available on Amazon you can now get ones that are rechargeable.

Last edited:
The main ingredient in the adhesive is cyanoacrylate. Cyanoacylate cures with moisture. This is proven by the fact that humidity has an affect on the curing process. Humidity is simply moisture in the air so the higher the humidity the more moisture there is in the air and the quicker the adhesive will cure. So nanomisters spray moisture around the lashes which will speed the curing process. It sprays small particles of water so that it doesn't saturate the lashes. So nanomisting limits the amount of time clients are exposed to the fumes of the adhesive during curing. So for your clients that have sensitive eyes it's a Godsend. :)
This is a pic of a nanomister with the water tank on top which can be completely detached so easy to fill and clean and available from Lash Factor :)
http://www.lashfactor.co.uk/product/nano-mister

Attachments

• misterpluslogo (2).jpg
    misterpluslogo (2).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 20
The main ingredient in the adhesive is cyanoacrylate. Cyanoacylate cures with moisture. This is proven by the fact that humidity has an affect on the curing process. Humidity is simply moisture in the air so the higher the humidity the more moisture there is in the air and the quicker the adhesive will cure. So nanomisters spray moisture around the lashes which will speed the curing process. It sprays small particles of water so that it doesn't saturate the lashes. So nanomisting limits the amount of time clients are exposed to the fumes of the adhesive during curing. So for your clients that have sensitive eyes it's a Godsend. :)
This is a pic of a nanomister with the water tank on top which can be completely detached so easy to fill and clean and available from Lash Factor :)
http://www.lashfactor.co.uk/product/nano-mister

Thanks very much that's very useful information! Although I'm unsure where to purchase distilled water?

You can use cooled down boiled water or bottled water.

The reason to use distilled is that tap water can leave build up in the nano mister over a period of time.

Thank you! [emoji2]

Latest posts

Back