Eyelash Extensions!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top Tottie

Reaction score
Remember me geeks, who bawled her eyes out on Monday about eyelash tints!!!

Well I would like to let you know i have been tinting and tinting and tinting :)to prepare for eyelash extensions...(No problems there, they still have their own lashes lol! It hasnt come off or fallen out etc unlike my friend:eek: Still havent heard from her!!)

I have done training with Lash Perfect and had one to one tutorial because i am deaf so need all the attention i can get.. ME, ME, ME!! It was great, very very intensive but good fun.

Well... I did an eyelash extension set on Tuesday night on my sister in law. I forgot to take pics (i am soooo blonde!!) and i thought they were great!! I wish i could download pics (bummer!) so you could see it for yourself. I was a bit shocked because i did them in 2 hours and 10 mins and i thought it would have taken me 3 hours!!. You should've seen me, i was shaking like a leaf, no supervision, its her eyes, what happen if i poke them, the tweezers are so damn sharp etc...!!! But after 30 mins, it was fine...:) My sister in law was shocked because she had them done by someone else and it was 2 hours and thought i would be slower...:lol: I am going to do my mum and my two friends, (full set), I will do my sister's (infils).. and hopefully i will get more confident and be quicker too. My sister in law said she really like them and would have happily paid £70 for them!! Well I am waiting to see how long the lashes would last, hopefully two/three weeks. She has gone to America (lucky bitch!) :green:yesterday and be back on Sunday. I will inspect them again to see how it fare...Finger crossed!!:)

Just thought i'd tell you.. You can tell i am much much happier now and wont let one person stop me!!!

Thank you for reading and group hugs:hug:

Tolly xxx

that really great, I'm happy for you, and I'm sure you'll get faster in time. i cant believe the price. here in Dublin you would pay €100 euro for a full set. any way best of luck :)

Good for you hun, I'm so glad to read you have gained your confidence back,
your friends sounds like a jealous soul.
i charge £100 for a full set of eyelashes :hug:

Good for you!! I'm hoping to learn soon - well done...
Claire x

I know what you are saying about the price but in essex, eyelash extensions are hugely competitive between mobile therapists!! I know some can do a full set in an hour and i have seen one! who is my sister's therapist. She is very very good, meticilous and charge £50 for the hour! Luckily my sister said she will bump her off and use me instead:lol:!! Aren't sisters great lol?! In the salons it is usually £80-£100 but mobile therapist its varied between £50 and £70 so i have got to be competitive. I know i can be good, if not better ( i cant help being sooo modest!!):green: but i just need to practise and practise. even if i get my timings down, i just want to do a proper job you know? not half done! Summer is coming so i think eyelash extensions will be hugely popular...:rolleyes:

Anyway i do have another query.. As i trained with lash perfect, they have many different sizes ranging from 6mm to 15mm:eek: and the thickness which is fine, thick, extra thick and super thick..

My mum has got extra short eyelashes and I thought the best one for her would be 7mm or 8mm I didnt have the right stuff so i went the the local wholesalers and bought salon system semi permanent eyelashes extentions and they had the stuff i wanted.. I think my mum may be a rare case as I actually measured her eyelashes and it is 4mm!! She has got beautiful blue eyes when made up with mascara so i think add a bit of length and thick, her eyes will look absolutely stunning. She is going to be a good challenge too.

I will try and remember to take pictures this time!!

Does it really matter what brand you use? With salon system there are only three sizes with the same thickness which are 7mm, 9mm and 11mm thick. :rolleyes:Whereas with Lash Perfect, there's loads and loads and loads!!

So a question for the most experienced technicians, Which sizes and thickness do you use the most? I would be most grateful if you could get back to me with your replies. I have got a feeling its 10/11mm and thick?? Correct me if i am wrong!:idea:

thank you

Tolly xxx

Latest posts

Back