Eyelash glue reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenlaa

Reaction score
Help.

So have been doing EE approx 6 months now and last week had my first client who reacted to the glue I used on her. (Marvelash fast set) shes currently telling other folk she is going to sue.... What can I do? Any sugestions? Thankyou in advance x

Didn't you do a patch test before hand? I've always patch tested the glue for insurance purposes and piece of mind. You best contact your insurer for advice. Good luck x

Yes I have insurance/relevant qualifications etc but was wandering if anyone can give me advice on ways to diffuse these types of situations

Thankyou xx

Have you seen and spoken to her? When did this happen?

When I patch test clients i make them sign a form that states that despite a patch test a person can have a reaction even if the patch test is fine.

Explain that clients can happily wear lashes for years without a problem and all of a sudden develop a reaction.

When giving then after care I tell them again that despite the patch test on the rare occasion clients can have a reaction.

If they do I tell then what the symptoms are, that the first thing they should do is take an antihistamine, let me know, if no better after a day go see the doctor and worse case take them off.

Ask her to come see u or take a picture.

Tell her how to deal with it, be sympathetic to her.

If after that she is still being a pain then make it quite clear that you have insurance and that you patch test for those reasons so that in the event that somebody decides they want to sue that you have confirmed to your insurance and if she would like to speak to your insurance then she is more than welcome

She won't have a leg to stand on and was probably hoping for a pay out from you.

Horrible to say but I would never trust a client like this, people in this world are mostly ruthless.

Stand your ground, you have done nothing wrong, clients will react sometimes it's just life!

Thankyou for your replys, I have already done all of the above, and have explained all of the above. I refunded her money. I haven't seen her eyes, nor has she uploaded a pic of them on fb which raises it's own questions. She wanted me to forward me copies of all my papers (I'm uncomfortable with this) but I did however invite her to come view them in person - to which I have had no response. I'm saddened to see she is "slagging" off my work on Facebook, I have no desire to enter into a public argument, I consider myself too professional for this. I am prepared to stand my ground for a treatment I believe in and am very passionate about. Just upset that this will now damage my buisness... Can't do much else where damage limitation is concerned, just hope my regular loyal clients continue to book with me. Xx

Why did you refund the money without seeing them? I would at least have asked her to come and collect it in person.

Have you taken any screen shots of the posts on Facebook? Where is she posting, is it on your page? You could write a little note/info piece on your page about allergic reactions, how and why they may happen, with info as Lie Lash posted above. Not directed at her but as a general info type thing.

I would have a word with your insurance as to how you should proceed with this.

I've never had anyone ask for a refund before, I just thought it was the best option to keep her sweet so to speak... In hind sight, perhaps not. Live n learn.
Will take the advice and pop an update on. Thankyou x

Hi how long have youve been using the marvel lash glue ? i always used to use it and everything was fine (i use hollywood lashes but the marvel lash glue was easy as it was stocked in my local warehouse). They have recently changed formula and i found every one of my clients reacted to it at their patch test.I am just glad we patch test every single time. I have gone back to hollywood lashes for everything. I do hope everything turns out ok for you.

Yes I have insurance/relevant qualifications etc but was wandering if anyone can give me advice on ways to diffuse these types of situations

Thankyou xx

I wasn't asking if u had relevant quals etc, sorry if it seemed that way. I was trying to ask if u patch tested because of what lie lash went on to say about people reacting regardless.
It does seem a bit strange that she won't see u in person or uploaded photos etc. it is a horrible feeling to have someone bad mouthing your work. You did your best to diffuse the situation with a refund and writing a lil bit of info on reactions sounds like a really good idea. Hopefully things won't escalate any further

Oh gosh, i qualified last wk and this was one thing i worried about

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Shame that sounds horrible to have someone bad mouth your work.
If she really did have a legal case she would have gone to a doctor who would make a diagnosis and then she can have a case.
In fact you can sue her for damages to your salon and reputation for her Facebook rants! Weather on her personal page or not.

So if I was you I would have not refunded her untill she came to the party.
Sorry you had a bad client experience , this had happened to me once early years with nail enhancements and she just in the end trying to get a free set nails...

Beauty at your finger tips!

I was told by my insurance NEVER to refund,as your accepting liability? Can kind of see why,hope you sort it

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do Eyelash Extensions (Hollywood Lashes, Express Lashes) and I am qualified in all Nails, Hair, Beauty but I also work part time at an Insurance Underwriters. It doesn't matter if you get them to sign a disclaimer or not if they don't want a patch test they CAN still take you to court.

I would either ignore her, or ask her for photos of the so called reaction, she is trying it on with you and hoping for a reaction. Probably wants compensation from you directly. Just ignore her and see what happens, she is playing a game, and don't worry about it. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back