Eyelash issues - how to deal with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewpiedrew

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm going to start out by saying I'm not strictly a professional... in any way - I'm trying to help out a friend, who is. I've come across this site and it looks like a fantastic community so I was hoping I could ask for some assistance?

A friend of mine (qualified beautician) has applied some fake eyelashes to a customer. She used Salon System Individual Eyelash Glue with Salon System Cluster Eyelashes (apologies if I've got the terminology wrong; I'm pretty slow at the best of times and all this is very new to me!)

The customer was told that the best course of action would be to return to my friend to have them removed or (if she absolutely had to do it herself) to apply vaseline the the eyelashes overnight to soften the glue and allow her to remove them by herself more easily.

What the customer actually did was to seek out her sister's friend (who is apparently a trained beautician) and ask her to remove them. My friend received a phonecall at 10pm from the other 'beautician' shouting down the phone. This beautician had attempted to remove the cluster eyelashes and had in fact just pulled out all of the customer's real eyelashes.

The customer is placing the blame on my friend.

I personally fail to see how a trained beautician can call out the integrity of another trained beautician after she's just sat and pulled all the eyelashes out of a customer... Surely you'd stop after the first one, call the person that applied them and enquire what glue they used to ensure the correct removal method was undertaken? Failing that, at least allowing my friend the chance to remove the eyelashes properly before making a hash of it and then making out that they were put on incorrectly?

The fact is that my friend is very upset by this as she's worked on her own for four years without a single complaint so is not very equipped with how to handle a customer that is clearly unhappy (for good reason) but it would appear misguided by the other beautician as to what the correct procedure should have been.

As a community, would you be happy to share your thoughts? If nothing else, it would help my friend grow her confidence that she acted properly (or to provide guidance if she didn't)

Apologies if this is posted to the wrong area, by the way!

Whilst I'm not a salon expert, I am pretty clued up in business so I will try to answer any business related queries under the business section by way of contributing to the site...

Personally I don't understand why she couldn't just ask your friend to do it as she was the therapist who put them on! As for the other therapist, if she couldn't remove them she should of stopped and advised the client to go back to who applied them, not pulled all her lashes out! That's just ridiculous!
Maybe advise your friend for future reference to get the client to schedule a follow up appointment for removal? :)

It would depend on what lashes your friend used with what glue.

By the sounds of it - individual lash glue used with clusters, she's used the wrong glue. You use individual lash glue for individual lashes.
Using the glue she's used means clusters are virtually impossible to remove.

A client of mine had these done and her lashes were awful. The lashes were virtually impossible to remove. Oil, vaseline etc didn't touch them. To remove this glue you need a remover containing acetone and it needs to be done extremely carefully.

Tell your friend that as a qualified therapist she should know that you need to use the correct glue with the correct lashes.

Vic x

I've personally never used that glue. Sorry to sort of hijack the post but what glue would you recommend for cluster lashes? I bought the Ardell lashtite glue the other day but haven't used it yet!x

Hi

Is this the glue she used? If so, she is perfectly correct. This is Salon Systems glue for cluster lashes (cluster lashes where called individual lashes until semi permanent lashes started to confuse matters).

We have been using this glue for years for cluster lashes with no problem. Though we do not advise to remove with vaseline. Can take very long and make eyes sore. Best to retail a remover if they are not going to come back to have them removed.

Not sure what your friend can do about the complaint. Just apologise to the client that she had trouble taking them off but that there's nothing that can be done as she didn't come back to her.

Nb. Salon Systems semi permanent glue is called Marvel Lash Glue.

Attachments

• 1455359134396.jpg
    1455359134396.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back