Eyelash perming? Hive, SalonSystems, other?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
Curious about learning this treatment.
Wondered, from your experience which range would you recommend?
Do you find results consistent? Have heard stories of one side being different from the other etc....
Is it a lucrative service? Is there much demand from mobile therapist customers?
Hope you can help?

Curious about learning this treatment.
Wondered, from your experience which range would you recommend?
Do you find results consistent? Have heard stories of one side being different from the other etc....
Is it a lucrative service? Is there much demand from mobile therapist customers?
Hope you can help?

I have had eyelash perming training with Hive along with their eyelash and brow tinting (combined course). I have loads of eyelash and brow tinting clients eyelash perming is once in a blue moon. There are not many salons around me that do it either.. I think its just a service the client chooses not to have or is not aware of the availability. It inst the pleasantest of treatments - doesn't hurt or anything.. but having someone 'fiddle' with your eyes puts a lot of folks off. The training with Hive was very good mind... and I have made my training costs back with all the lash tinting I do.

I have done eyelash perming at college to be honest, jen is right - it can be a lot of fiddiling about with the eyes and the fact the client has to keep them closed for the majority of the treatment (25 -30 mins), also some people find the film you put accross the eyes during the treatment a little cloustraphobic (sp)
some people will also find that their lashes may not curl as much as they would like, so just make sure if you do it, dont let your clients have a unrealistic expectation of the treatment.

love vicky x

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of adding this to my services before spray tanning. But I think I might skip it altogether......

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of adding this to my services before spray tanning. But I think I might skip it altogether......

I would do tinting but save the money from perming to do the tanning first - more popular at the minute.

I learned eyelash perming at college as part of my beauty course but never bothered to get the kit after and i dont offer it as a treatment. I was advised it was unpopular, although i personally think its a great treatment. I think people just need to be made aware of it and i am convinced it will take off. I do mention it to clients and they have never heard of it.

Therefore, I would not do the training for eyelash perming alone, but other eye treatments (brow tinting, shaping lash tinting) is very popular from my experience.

We offer the eyelash perm but prob do one every 6 months. The products can go off as well, so we have had to replace the lotions qute often and therefore make no money on it at all! It will come off our price lists when we have new brochures printed!

Latest posts

Back