Eyelash Perming - Sensitive Eyes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
I am hoping to do an eyelash perming course this summer but as I have sensitive eyes was wondering if there is any difference in the manufactors, eg some better/worse than others ?

I was going to do it before Christmas but my eyes were really bad at the time, felt like they were going to explode when I last had an eyelash tint. They aren't to bad now but im assuming when you do the training you aren't able to patch test before ?

I am hoping to do an eyelash perming course this summer but as I have sensitive eyes was wondering if there is any difference in the manufactors, eg some better/worse than others ?

I was going to do it before Christmas but my eyes were really bad at the time, felt like they were going to explode when I last had an eyelash tint. They aren't to bad now but im assuming when you do the training you aren't able to patch test before ?

why not ask the trainer to do an eye lash perm test on you before you commit to the course.

why not ask the trainer to do an eye lash perm test on you before you commit to the course.

Yes I suppose I could do but the training is about 40 miles away.

Do you usually patch test for perming ? if so I could go to a salon that uses same brand for a test.

Yes I suppose I could do but the training is about 40 miles away.

Do you usually patch test for perming ? if so I could go to a salon that uses same brand for a test.

Yes - I do patch test for the eye lash perms.

Must add that I am not a big fan of this particular treatment. find it very fiddly to do and for the cost you need to charge for the time it takes to do (and product cost as well) I dont find it very popular with the clients. Have only done I think 2 in six months.

I would ring the trainer and ask them which perm they use, and def do a patch test first. maybe they will send out a small bottle of the fixing and waving solutions to do so, or as has been suggested, go to a salon for one. HTHs

there maybe a geek on here who lives near you that offers this treatment and may be able to give a quick patch test

let us know how you get on

Definately do a skin test first but be aware that it can be negative yet you still react to the solution when it is on the lashes. Sorry I'm not a party pooper really but that is what happened to one of the ladie at college. Patch test fine but her eyes really suffered.

Explain your problem to your tutor and see what they advise.

hth:hug:

Thanks guys:)

My friend is going to do a patch test then perm (hopefully) it is with a different system but Im going to see how I go with hers. She has done it before and not had a problem but was before my eyes went bad :cry:

If all goes well then I will do patch test with the trainers products which I believe is Thuya ? then hopefully book on the course !

Good luck!!:hug:

Latest posts

Back