Eyelashes sticking and building up a thicker look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopkica

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

I did my first set of eyelashes last night and managed to somehow stick my clients eye together! Whoopsie! Am i using too much glue has anyone else had this?

Also im using .30 thickness C curl lashes and she said she wants them thicker next time, i literally couldnt put anymore on i dont think has anyoe got any tips?

xx

Are you using the pads and micropore tape underneath on the lower lashes. It shouldn't matter what lashes you are using. The amount of glue should be 2 small beads on the lash. Hope this helps

:eek: .30 is awfully heavy for the lash, have you tried using a less heavy lash, .20, set out your skeleton of longer lashes eg 13 (if she wants a long full set) and fill with 11s, this will make the lash line look darker and denser and will give the illusion of a very full thick set. You dont always have to go thicker to produce a full set. (dont forget to go even shorter on the inner corners)

As for sticking clients top and bottom lashes together, that comes with practice :lol: Keep brushing through your lashes every now and again and slightly lift the lid to check you havent stuck any, you can then unstick them before the glue really starts to take hold.

As the other poster said, 2 bobbles of glue on the lash, swipe the isolated lash 3 times, swipe the excess off on the gel pad and land that lash like an aeroplane. Hope that helps.

Hey, it was your 1st set, its bound to happen at some point!

here are some tips:

To stop top and bottom lashes sticking together, make sure the gel pads cover all of the bottom lashes and none are poking out from underneath

Keep lifting the clients lid with your finger throughout the treatment just to make sure you are not sticking lashes to the pad

If she has very straight lashes that sit very close to the pad you could try using a heated curler before the treatment so lift them up slightly. I've never tried this before but it sounds like a good tip. I just press down a little bit harder with the tweezers onto the pad

I've never seen 0.30 lashes before, they do sound thick! i trained with ah francis and they only do 0.07 0.15 0.20 and 0.25. Maybe try using sllightly thinner lashes and putting more on. If she really hasnt got any lashes left to stick to then you cant really do anymore. You can only work with what the client has!

Sometimes using a thicker lash isnt always the best way to create a thicker look. if she has quite fine lashes to start with then the thick ones will be too heavy for them and they wont last very long. Also if they are naturally very straight, i find C curls dont bond as well and they dont last very long.

Hope that helps. But dont worry, your first set is never going to be your best so just keep practicing and you will find your own way :) xx

Thanks soooooooooooo much everyone! This really really helps! Ill keep you all posted :o)) xxxx:lol:

Another tip to help stop sticking tops to bottoms (or at least catching it early!) is to regularly check along the lash line with a dentist handheld mirror. I slightly lift their eyelid (but not open their eyes) with my left hand and check there are none stick together. It's also good to do this after you've taped up before starting to make sure none have managed to poke through.

I also use Koji tape from HERE to tape up the upper lid - I apply vertically on either end of the upper lid (pulling up and out towards the eyebrow and center of forehead) which helps lift the lashes (away from the lower lid slightly) and spread them for easier isolation too.

For the thicker look its always quantity of lashes over thickness that works. I use mainly .15 thickness with a few .20 if their natural lash can take the weight. Use a length maybe 2 mm shorter than the frame and stud along the lash line, this can give a nice eye liner effect and illusion of thickness. IMO anything above .20 tends to not last as long and can lead to premature lash loss giving you less natural lashes to work from in the long term.

HTH

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back