Fab fabric

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grace

Reaction score
Hello all,
Well my mother in law came tonight, she is a gluten for punishment, we soaked her acrylic nails off yeturday ready to try out the fabric on her, I have done my nails no problem so decided to make her have hers done as well. I knew she would love them because they are so thin, well are in comparison to the monster old acrylics I shell out. :huh:

Anyway we have ended up tonight with tears of laughter rolling down our faces trying to get to grips with this system, like I said to her i can not understand it I did mine no problem.

So firstly after I put tips on painted more than white and then silk bond and build I buffed to find i had like a dandruff effect on the pink part of the nail, just white flecks all over, I eventually managed to buff them out well more or less, why does this happen?

I spent hours buffing, well and laughing to the point of stomach cramp, as I had told her this would be far superior to my acrylics, lucky she has a good sense of humour. I then went on to more than white again, as it was not crisp enough then waited 2 mins and placed boost and the activator, i then waited and went and re did the boost and activator and one hand was fine and the other well it went all tacky and it just was a mess, by this time we were falling off the chairs in tears of laughter, then I waited for that to dry buffed and re did it, waited 2 mins tested with my finger and managed to mess it all up again, can you believe it.

The nails now after hours and hours are passable and we have had more off a laugh than ever before however this can not be repeated on a client so where am I going wrong help please.

Grace x

Well sounds seasonal.............
snowflakes whilst buffing nice lol ................

So firstly after I put tips on painted more than white and then silk bond and build I buffed to find i had like a dandruff effect on the pink part of the nail, just white flecks all over, I eventually managed to buff them out well more or less, why does this happen?

Maybe the build hadn't cured properly ?????????

You only need to lightly buff over the build ,just enough to tidy up the edges, then apply the boost.....stay away from the white edge unless it looks like the french alps...!!!!!!!!.......................

Then finish the nail,wither with a super girlfriend buffing jobby or a nice french top coat polish.......................
But at least it gave you a laugh and they say learning is boring......... not in your house............
love and giggles
Ruth xxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back