Fabric# Hell!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex73

Reaction score
Hi!
I have a query for you fabric# geeks!
How many layers of boost do you like to use?
I've been wearing between 2 & 4, and I seem to be having a few problems!
I did my right hand this morning, and the thumb has broken right across the stress area, tip entirely off :cry: :irked: !
Heres what I did:
Thin layer of bond
tip & blend
silk
1 layer build, then spray blast.
2 coats boost (& hole filling lol)
Now my natural nails are very thin & bendy, so would it be better for me to use a stress strip?
Should I add more boost?
How do you perfect your apex?
I'm not sure how well 4 coats lasted, as I had so muc lifting that I soaked them off (i did a poor prep, never again! lol)
Thanks for reading all my questions :lol:
I eagerly await your advice:hug:

after applying silk I Bond, making sure the weave is saturated with the resin, then 1 Build and let it airdry, by the time you've done all 10 nails it's ready for a second application, Build again (second coat), do all 10, then Spray Blast before lightly buffing, then move on to the Boost application, I do 2 or 3 but there's no right or wrong way, you can apply the Boost as many times as you like.
I'm thinking that you might not have had enough Boost on your thumb stress area and it wasn't strong enough.

ValencianNails said:
...1 Build and let it airdry, by the time you've done all 10 nails it's ready for a second application
I'm thinking that you might not have had enough Boost on your thumb stress area and it wasn't strong enough.

Thanks for your reply Sandi :)
Do you always use 2 coats of build? Is that for strength, to saturate the weave or both?!
And my apex does need to be thicker, definately :rolleyes: :lol: .

Apex73 said:
Do you always use 2 coats of build? Is that for strength, to saturate the weave or both?!
you're welcome :wink2:

I always use 2 coats of Build for strength as the weave has already been saturated by the Bond.

Latest posts

Back