Fabric# Questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, few questions with regards to Fabric# system if anyone would be so kind to help me.
1. When applying the first thin coat of bond is this the coat that you have to work well into the nail for a good strong base for the enhancement.
2. After I have applied fibreglass/silk and second coat of bond do I let this air dry naturally before the build
3. Do I apply blast in between applying two coats of build or is this air dry.
4. When applying boost is it just a small bead you use or do you draw a line down the middle of the nail with it and than work it round the nail with brush on blast.
4. When cutting out your fibreglass/silk do you pre cut before you apply or cut the material once on the nail and do you use tweezers to handle the material to stop oils from your hands contaminating (hope thats the correct terminology) it.
Sorry its a bit long winded but looking forward to your replies.
David

Jaydee said:
Hi All, few questions with regards to Fabric# system if anyone would be so kind to help me.
1. When applying the first thin coat of bond is this the coat that you have to work well into the nail for a good strong base for the enhancement. Yes
2. After I have applied fibreglass/silk and second coat of bond do I let this air dry naturally before the build Yes
3. Do I apply blast in between applying two coats of build or is this air dry. You should only need one coat of Build.
4. When applying boost is it just a small bead you use or do you draw a line down the middle of the nail with it and than work it round the nail with brush on blast. One small bead the size of a lentil ... do not use too much. 1. you don't need to and 2. you will cause cracking. Better to do 2-3 thin layers than one thick one.
4. When cutting out your fibreglass/silk do you pre cut before you apply or cut the material once on the nail and do you use tweezers to handle the material to stop oils from your hands contaminating (hope thats the correct term inology) it. I cut strips (including the paper) for all 10 nails at once and lay them out like tips after I have rounded one end of all 10. (Much quicker than doing them one by one) THEN, I apply a strip to all 10 nails using the backing paper to smooth down firmly on to the nails. I stick one end of the strip onto the nose of my scissors, peel it off the paper, and use the scissors to place the strip where I want it.
Sorry its a bit long winded but looking forward to your replies.
David
HTH XXX

Latest posts

Back