Face, pores, oily skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shell.

Reaction score
Anybody know any good products to reduce the size of pores on the face?

I have really big pores and really greasy skin, i have recently been using that new clean and clear shine reducing face wash, my skin will stay oil free for about an hour and then shine up, but i have noticed it will becomereally shiny after a few hours.

Know anything i can use? its embarrasing and my make up comes off really quick because of this :(

Decleor's Aroma Purete range is great for oily skin, once you get over the psychological barrier of having to apply the aromessence oil. The Ylang Ylang aromessence is designed to 'balance' oil production rather than strip the skin. The problem with stripping oil off the skin is it then goes dry, which causes the skin to produce more oil to counteract, thus beginning a vicious circle - not to mention the oil strippers also dehydrate the skin. You're better off balancing the oil production, and if you try the aromessence (you only need three tiny drops) you'll find it goes straight in & leaves no film or greasiness on the skin, the Aroma Purete fluid over the top will leave the skin matte as well. It takes time & dedication but I've seen excellent results from this method.

The other thing you might want to look into is the use of Class 2 blue light.

I have always found Dermalogica really good.
I use special cleansing gel, multi active toner and active moist as my skin is combination.

My mum has really oily skin and has been using dermalogica and her skin has improved massively.
She uses dermal clay cleanser, multi active toner and oil control lotion.

The masks that they do are good- plankton mask (skin refining) is supposed to help with the pores.

Worth a try?

To reduce the SIZE of open pores, Microdermabrasion works wonders. There are no creams out there that will do this.

Ultrasonic peeling also works well with pore refining, as does micro-current.

Not really! Ultrasound basically vibrates the skin at such a rate that the dead skin cells are loosened & slide off, but has other effects as well. The micro-current is an almost sub-sensory current that works to repair & regenerate skin tissue (amongst other things), and is used in some hospital burns units for that person. It's quite a relaxing treatment really!

Make sure you are exfoliating twice a week to shed dead skin cells I would recommend Natural elements lemon face wash for oily skin, not only is this organic it isn't to expensive either. Using a mask once a week (natural elements do some great ones) will help as well, also try to carry around oil blotting paper that get ride of oiliness but leave you skin with a matte powdered effect. Also seal your foundation with a powder, mineral powders are excellent.
Here the website Beauty & Skin Care Products - NaturalElements.co.uk

I swear by Loreal Garnier PURE range!!
Wouldn't use anything else!!:)

Latest posts

Back