Facebook ads???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missykay

Reaction score
Anyone got a Facebook AD?

I have just set up a group for my mobile spray tanning which i will invite all my friends to join and hopefully they will invite their friend but i was just curious about the ads that facebook offer, have any of you geeks got any experience with them??

No idea sorry hun, but i'm going to watch this thread as i'd also be interested too if anyon has taken out an ad. I get loads of business from my salon profile anyway x x

yeah ive looked into it aswell but not heard anyone else have it and dont want to waste money.

i know that on the adverts on the side people can close them if they are not interested and they have to put a reason why etc

x

Hi, I set up a page rather than a group and have used adverts to grow the group. It can get pricey but it's attracted a lot of new people to join the page.

Of course, once you have people joined, you can keep them updated with offers, etc. If you set specific offers up for clients with specific codes, you could then see how successful they are.

I set my adverts up so they would only show to people who are friends with people who have already joined. Facebook is very good at telling you you need to spend more, but I limited it.

I think I spent about £70 for a month and got over 200 subscribers. The page is here: (hope this helps).
Truly Scrumptious Beauty | Facebook

Anyone got a Facebook AD?

I have just set up a group for my mobile spray tanning which i will invite all my friends to join and hopefully they will invite their friend but i was just curious about the ads that facebook offer, have any of you geeks got any experience with them??

I think they have a really low hit rate. I never look at adds on facebook to be honest.

I think having a facebook page for your business and asking your friends to share it with their friends work better than adds.

Like Craig I've used ads on Facebook, but I don't believe their analytics. Facebook suggested that I'd had x number of hits on my website as a result of the ad, but my own (and Google's) analytics showed me that I'd had way fewer click throughs from Facebook.
Didn't bring me much business, but it didn't cost a lot - maybe £25 - before I decided to can them.

I've paid for some too, had a few random adds mainly from americans so doubt they will bring much business!

I think the key is to make them relevant. Facebook actually is very powerful for targeting specific people.

If you are getting clicks from lots of Americans, I would suggest it's not as specific as it could be.

I have run two campaigns:

1. Only show the advert to people who are friends of people who are already 'fans' of the page. It's like an electronic word-of-mouth then.

2. I ran an product advert for Women in the UK 18+ who like "beauty" and "nails" - not as successful.

I still think for targeting your local market, it may work well for the costs. You could, for instance, run a campaign that only displays to women in your area + 15 mile radius.

Then, when you have them you also get great demographics...

I've never tried facebook ads so can't comment on that. An easier way (in my opinion anyway) & 1 that has worked really well for me is to run a competition with your existing fans.

I ran a competition a couple of months ago & said that whoever recommended the most friends to become a fan of ours would get a voucher. The end result? An extra 200 fans in one week!! (it took me 2 months initially to get to 100 fans!)

I only started my facebook page at the end of November but already have 774 fans. Granted, some of those are fellow geeks & family/friends who aren't local but the majority of the fans are locals & potential clients :D

I've never tried facebook ads so can't comment on that. An easier way (in my opinion anyway) & 1 that has worked really well for me is to run a competition with your existing fans.

I ran a competition a couple of months ago & said that whoever recommended the most friends to become a fan of ours would get a voucher. The end result? An extra 200 fans in one week!! (it took me 2 months initially to get to 100 fans!)

I only started my facebook page at the end of November but already have 774 fans. Granted, some of those are fellow geeks & family/friends who aren't local but the majority of the fans are locals & potential clients :D

Thank you all for your replies, i think im going to stick with my "Group" for now and see how i get on.....I do however LOVE the idea of running a competition! Might have to give that one ago. xx

Hi, I set up a page rather than a group and have used adverts to grow the group. It can get pricey but it's attracted a lot of new people to join the page.

Of course, once you have people joined, you can keep them updated with offers, etc. If you set specific offers up for clients with specific codes, you could then see how successful they are.

I set my adverts up so they would only show to people who are friends with people who have already joined. Facebook is very good at telling you you need to spend more, but I limited it.

I think I spent about £70 for a month and got over 200 subscribers. The page is here: (hope this helps).
Truly Scrumptious Beauty | Facebook

Omg how did you get your page so detailed?? This is really good :) x

Latest posts

Back