Facebook business page novice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mm29

Reaction score
I'm not into fb at all never had a page, Iv thought about it on and off for a while,
Thing that put me off was I needed a personal page before a business page,

But Iv just read this is not the case

So can someone give me the lowdown on fb business page please,

Simple things that a non fb user wouldn't know,

Iv heard about "like" lol told you I'm a novice!

Hi

You don't need a personal page before a business page, when you go to Facebook.com at the very bottom under the sign up button is create a business page, just click on that.

The challenge with having a business page and no personal profile connected is that sometimes you can't add app's to your page without a personal profile. But if you are just going for a basic page this won't be a problem and you can always create a personal profile later (made up name and date of birth) if you want to.

Hope that's helpful,

Lara

Hi

You don't need a personal page before a business page, when you go to Facebook.com at the very bottom under the sign up button is create a business page, just click on that.

The challenge with having a business page and no personal profile connected is that sometimes you can't add app's to your page without a personal profile. But if you are just going for a basic page this won't be a problem and you can always create a personal profile later (made up name and date of birth) if you want to.

Hope that's helpful,

Lara

Thank you for your help, I don't know what you mean add apps told you I know nothing lol

If Iv got a business page can people add to be "friends"?

Apps are applications, like enhancements to your page, etc, and there's a wide variety of them.

For a business page, people can 'like' it, which means they are shown your updates in their news feed, however depending on their privacy settings, you may or may not be able to see anything on their page. This is not the same as being 'friends' with people through a personal profile, as once two people are 'friends' they can see all of each other's information on the site.

Although I can understand why some are not keen on having a personal page, I find it useful as I can promote my page and business to my friends on my personal page, who, if they 'like' it, automatically broadcast it to their friends, so it can broaden your publicity and public awareness of your business.

Hope it helped x

Fab thank you, so you can put apps on fb just like your mobile,

Sounds very confusing, I understand what you mean about personal helps your business but its just not up my street,

Suppose it's worth giving a bash at the business page and see how it goes

Thanks again

Ok I finally decided to try and set a pg up oh my goodness very confusing,

Set up a business page but think there was a personal page too!!

I found a friends business page and decided to "share" a pic to see what would happen and it went on what I thought was my personal pg, everything left blank except my friends pic,
And I couldn't like her pg or pics

I'm confused, anyone willing to help a fb novice il be very grateful!

I'm so stressed with the blinking thing! Please geeks lol

Latest posts

Back