Facebook business page

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess O’Shea

Reaction score
I need some advice please.

I am currently doing Beauty Therapy Level 2 in college and recently passed a spray tanning course. As my Beauty Therapy course is only part time I have to other courses such as, eyelashes, waxing etc in my own time. I am doing these through the year and gaining the qualifications when I can afford too.

Too start with I want to start advertising my Spray Tanning as this is the only current qualifcation I have. I was thinking of setting up a Facebook business page but as I have never had Facebook I was wondering if I named it as Spray Tans by Jess (or something like that) would I be able to change the name to Beauty by Jess (again, something like that) when I gain more qualifications?

Sorry if this sounds a bit thick :D I hope someone can understand what I am saying?

Thank you.

Jess x

Yes, you can change the name on your page. Good luck!

Yes, you can change the name on your page. Good luck!
Not necessarily. Facebook have some very odd rules regarding business page names and changing them. I completely rebranded my business last year and tried to change the name of my page but they wouldn’t allow it despite my appeal. I had to set a new one up and start from scratch again. Talking to others there seems to be no method or reason behind their decisions. Some they allow some they don’t and you can’t find out why.

I would say go with the name you finally want to use on your business FB page. It will save you hassle later on. There is a section where you can write about yourself so you could just explain that you offer spray tans now but more coming soon....

Not necessarily. Facebook have some very odd rules regarding business page names and changing them. I completely rebranded my business last year and tried to change the name of my page but they wouldn’t allow it despite my appeal. I had to set a new one up and start from scratch again. Talking to others there seems to be no method or reason behind their decisions. Some they allow some they don’t and you can’t find out why.
Thank you. I am completely new to all this and wouldn't want to start again in a years time :)

I would say go with the name you finally want to use on your business FB page. It will save you hassle later on. There is a section where you can write about yourself so you could just explain that you offer spray tans now but more coming soon....

Thank you, I didn't think about putting that in the bio part. Such a good idea. :)

Latest posts

Back