Facebook competition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orchid11

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if you're allowed to run competitions on your business facebook page or not, I've heard you're not. However I often see business's I follow running competitions so bit confused.

Do you have to have so many 'likes' before you can do things like this?

Thanks x

'Officially' there are certain guidelines to competitions. However I imagine the worst case scenario would be a slap on the wrist from FB.

Thanks for reply, ill give it a go and see what happens!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

There are rules you have to write on comp. Must state it's nothing to do with Facebook and your not aloud to ask people to share . You are aloud to say sharing appreciated but not essential .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have seen lots of small beauty salons and mobile therapists running competitions on Facebook, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Some things to include are:

- Make sure the competition advert has a clear closing time and date.
- State that employees or family members are excluded from entering
- Make sure the prize is stated clearly, and has no cash equivalent
- Select the winner randomly and publish their name (to prove it was a fair competition)
- You might wish to define the period in which the prize can be taken (e.g. must be redeemed within 28 days) to save them from turning up in a year's time wanting a free treatment

I'm sure people can probably add other things to this list too :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back