Facebook like pages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelc

Reaction score
Hi I've recently started up as a mobile beauty therapist and have so far only advertised on gumtree and made a Facebook page. I've had most of my buisness off gumtree, although I've share my facebook page onto friends walls, invited friends to like my page, shared it to local selling pages and I've put a couple of offers up and competitions to win a free treatment for anyone who likes and shares my page, but I still only have 40 likes and I've only gained one client through it! Any ideas where I'm going wrong cos I feel like there's no point having it x

I think pictures of your own work are a good advert if you haven't already tried this

I really wouldn't worry about how many likes you have it's more about the quality of the likes, are they your clients or potential clients. Update regularly & ask friends clients to tag & comment it will slowly build bit by bit.
As long as you have clients & your busy I wouldn't waste your energy stressing about Facebook. I get a lot of business through Facebook but only have 168 likes & I've been going a year & 3 months on Facebook.
Hth

Thanks, I will try putting some pictures up, I've only had the page for a couple of weeks so I suppose I need to give it a bit more time too x

There is a promote option on Facebook I haven't used it personally but there is another thread on here where people have said it works but you need to fill in the sections really precisely so it targets your area only ect as getting fake likes can hinder reaching potential real likers. Due to Facebook only distributing your posts to a percentage of your likers news feeds & not all.

Yes I've seen that but you have to pay for it x

I post a pic of every set of nails I do, get all my work from fb! And word of mouth of course xxx

Facebook advertising is very reasonable. You can set your own price and it advertises for you on the basis of your budget. I spend about £15 a month and get anywhere between 15 and 20 likes. You need to be clear about your target market though. Make sure you tag your work area, age range, beauty interests etc. it's brought me business. You just have to know how to work it properly. X

Sounds good I might give it a go x

What are you trying to do?

Where does the rest of your business come from?

It could be that your target market isn't on Facebook. If that's the case maybe you should focus on the areas that are working like local ads, word of mouth, refer a friend schemes etc.

It can take time to build an audience on Facebook. You can run ads & competitions to build your number of likes - but if they don't end up becoming good customers then its probably not really worth it.

Hope this helps?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I did the Facebook page advertising last month, ran it for 2 days and set a budget of £5.00 a day. Got about 35 new likes. I set it for a 10 mile radius of my postcode, i think it's the minimum which is a bit annoying as I'm in East London it would take me hours to travel 10 miles haha! I'm going to run it again this month as well. I did it over a weekend when most people are browsing on fb. Also try Yell, that's free. I got a client from Yell very soon after advertising. Good luck! Xx

I think it's worth noting that you will get a lot more likes for your money in London where it's more densely populated. If you live elsewhere remember you'll get proportionally less likes. X

Facebook is the best free advertising tool you can have DON'T PAY FOR IT!!!

Put pics of your your work on, post at peak times Eve's not days, post once a day, don't post offers or prices!

Find other local company pages locally you can converse with, run competitions to get to a certain amount of likers.

As someone mentioned earlier its quality not quantity!!!

What are you trying to do?

Where does the rest of your business come from?

It could be that your target market isn't on Facebook. If that's the case maybe you should focus on the areas that are working like local ads, word of mouth, refer a friend schemes etc.

It can take time to build an audience on Facebook. You can run ads & competitions to build your number of likes - but if they don't end up becoming good customers then its probably not really worth it.

Hope this helps?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hi, I'm just trying to build up a clientele, I've only just started out mobile so I haven't really advertised much, I just started with an ad on gumtree to see if there would be a demand for my services before I commit to doing mobile properly. I have had quite a bit of buisnesss off there tho, so I thought I'd try facebook next but didn't get much response on that. I'm planning to get some leaflets done and post them around my local area x

The Facebook paid-for promotions are the quickest way to boost likes to people who would not stumble across your page or specifically search for you. There is a way to target your local area in the settings and it's well worth taking the time to look at these options. Post regularly on related topics and maybe join some local business groups as well? we did it but be careful about blatant promotional posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's worth noting that you will get a lot more likes for your money in London where it's more densely populated. If you live elsewhere remember you'll get proportionally less likes. X

This is very true. I'm lucky in a sense that I can make my catchment area fairly small due to my borough being very densely populated. So yes it is all dependent on where you live too so for me it's worth paying ten pounds a month as I know my advert will reach a hell of a lot of new people that it otherwise wouldn't have. Definitely try Yell though which is free, I've found that to be really good for me. And Instagram is fab too for displaying your work, also free ;)

Latest posts

Back