Facebook page - Getting confused!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hi All,

Right, so I have made a facebook page and have started to add my clients and ask them to put on their status the website link so other potential new people book in with me - BUT, I do not have the "Like" part.

Can anyone help?

I do have a personal facebook page but do not want to link the business one to this, so people can search me and link me to the business (ex partner & family) etc.

I don't use my personal facebook page anymore, just this one.

I am called "Shore Escape", if anyone needs to know this to help in anyway?

Thanks

Carly x

How are you adding clients? With business pages clients and others can like your page there is no function for you to add them yourself. Have you set it up as you did with your personal page?

It sounds like you have set up another account not a page

Just checked your page and it's set up like a personal page where you can friend request people.

For a 'like' page you need to set up a business page. You can then set yourself up as admin and invite your current friends to like the page

Hope that helps

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You've set yourself up another facebook account not a business oage. To set up a business page you need to be logged into your personal account and then create a page. You log into this business page using your personal facebook details.

Thanks!

I thought this might have been the case - but I do not want my personal details to show - is this possible and also, do you have to pay for this page as I did go to set a business page up and it said about charges per a specific amount of likes?

If I was to log into my personal page and add a page for the business, will people be able to access photos etc - not that there is anything bad on there but want to keep things separate.

Carly x

I find it a bit confusing as well!
A business page is completely separate from a personal page ( even though you will access it through a button on your personal page ).

People who like , share or interact with your business page cannot see your personal profile or your personal friends.

As said before you can't invite people to like a business page either:|

oh and it is completely free to do.
There are options to pay to promote your page. it's a sort of paid advertising, but there is no need to do it.

You could create the business page from the new personal profile you created by mistake.
It would be wise to have your or a shortened version of your actual name though instead of the business on your new personal account as acting as a business on a personal account can mean it could be shut down.

You can invite people to like your page from your personal account but you are unable to approach people via the business page it self.
You are able to write on other business pages & try to reach there audiences also.

It sounds far more confusing than it is. It's completely free unless you choose to bump your posts so a wider audience sees or if you'd like to pay for fake likes.

Hth

I have a personal profile that is only used for work related stuff & I run my business page from that. My friends know its work & dont tag or write inappropriate things on it ;)
If you've set up a personal page for work perhaps just make a business page from that to keep it all separate.

Right, ok... so I THINK I have done it the right way now - can you check this for me.

"Shore Escape" wasn't available as the name so I did "Shore Escape Beauty".

I didn't use my personal log in / page. I carried on with what I had first done as added a page as a local business.

Would someone be able to let me know this is the right way to do this and that it is an actual business page now?

Thanks very much

Carly x

You have to have a personal profile to have a business page BUT the there is no way any followers can see the linked personal account or ANYTHING to do with the profile at all (this was something I was extremely concerned about because I didn't trust the it would to be linked but it really isn't)

When you post you post as the business page so there really is no link between the two, promise you x

OK, could someone have a quick check to see if I have now done it the right way - I did it through my personal page and added a page from this?

Carly x

I've just clicked that link & that is not a business page that people are able to like. That is what should be used for people to use as personal accounts. Many business's do do this however it is not allowed or it's intended purpose & you don't get the benefits that come by opening a business page.
From a personal site as yourself you need to create a page. Hth

I've found you by searching for shore escape. If I add beauty at the end I don't get any search results.

I found you under this link which is a businesspage and has the like button

https://m.facebook.com/shoreescapebeauty

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just clicked that link & that is not a business page that people are able to like. That is what should be used for people to use as personal accounts. Many business's do do this however it is not allowed or it's intended purpose & you don't get the benefits that come by opening a business page.
From a personal site as yourself you need to create a page. Hth

That's what I did - I thought?

I found you twice - one a personal and one business, so you're there!!!

Your place looks fab. I'll do a business to business 'like' but I don't use my personal page at all, so can't do a like from that!!!

Vic x

Latest posts

Back