Facebook page or Facebook profile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Reynolds

Reaction score
Hi everyone,, happy new year.

Can I pick your brains on Facebook. I know that my posts don't get shown to everyone when I post on my business page, so what do you think of posting pics ect on a "personal page" do people already do this and dose it work?

Thanks

I believe if your setting up or using a personal profile for business use, then Facebook will shut it down. They want you to use pages for businesses. It's written in their rules somewhere.
But their algorithm makes it so hard to get seen with pages without constantly paying out for adverts and boosts It's catch 22.
A lot of networking and weeding out any empty likes on your page will help to get seen. And encouraging likers to ensure they click 'see first' in news feeds. HTH

I'm just starting out but I have made a page and a group. The page is good for reviews and for sharing to potential new clients. I definitely get more interaction with my group lots more likes and comments. I added all of my friends to the group and then asked them to add their friends. Obviously it would be better to have just have the one but I'm going to keep both for now and see how it goes!

Definitely a page.
A nail tech friend of mine has just lost over a thousand friends on her 'business' personal page because Facebook deleted it this week. x

Once you have your salon page set up, join lots of local groups that let business post adverts. This way you can post on your salon page and then share to all your local groups for free.
I get my biggest viewing hits this way

When you have a personal page your posts also sometimes don't get shown in your friends' feeds. Not worth the risk.

You'll get your profile taken off you if you use it solely for the business (I did) so now I post on the page & share with my profile no probs as of yet :)

Agreed this is what is happening now they just remove your personal profile of your using it to advertise your Business and you can't recover it.

Definitely a page.
A nail tech friend of mine has just lost over a thousand friends on her 'business' personal page because Facebook deleted it this week. x

As well as like 3 years worth of nail pics to add to that that she can't get back!

My god your poor friend, that's for your responses guy massive help, it's taking awhile to get my head around social media strategys
Take care

I'd been telling her for ages Facebook had been closing personal business profiles & she was like ' oh yeah ill get round to it' and never did. She learned the hard way :(
Such a shame. x

I been advertising quite a few on my personal page im scared now!! So if I share from my business page and out it on my personal will this be ok? I hope mine doesn't get shit done now I'll cry have all my family photos X

If your sharing on your personal profile from your page then I believe that's fine

As far as I know sharing is completely fine. It's just if you are using your profile purely for business not personal. x

That's ok then I just did a share just now to my personal will do this for now lol, glad I seen this guys thanks, do you think I should delete my old photos that I didn't share or do you think it'll be ok? So many girls I see on my Facebook just actually just have a personal one abd just advertise and even put their business name they need to be so careful X

Quick question guys, when you boost your like page to get more likes, in the bit says location is it best to put United Kingdom or your town & local areas near by? Thought I try this out its $5 a day so light run it for days see what happens X

Definitely only select the towns that your clients are likely to travel from.
Watch out for the details such as Yourtown +50 miles
It may be that you can just select Yourtown to reach your likely clients

There is also a way on Facebook to select your local area by dragging a circle on google maps
This works better for me as I am by the sea in Somerset so selecting on the map cuts out the people who are in Wales but technically within 20 miles of me!
I usually do a pound a day for a week

Definitely only select the towns that your clients are likely to travel from.
Watch out for the details such as Yourtown +50 miles
It may be that you can just select Yourtown to reach your likely clients

There is also a way on Facebook to select your local area by dragging a circle on google maps
This works better for me as I am by the sea in Somerset so selecting on the map cuts out the people who are in Wales but technically within 20 miles of me!
I usually do a pound a day for a week

It didn't give me that choice on there when I did it, when I go on the location bit I have to type so left it United Kingdom, i like the idea of circling I use my phone so maybe it'll show on my laptop better about that but? And mine says $5 dollar (about £3 a day) I must be doing something wrong :-/ X

Latest posts

Back