Facebook paid adverts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I've paid to do a Facebook advert, set it at £1.50 a day and to only target females in my town. It says I've already spent £1 and I've had 3 likes from it. The likes I have are from here I haven't had any from my town. It doesn't look like its targeting properly, does anyone know anything about it? X

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just done 3 days at £3 a day...172 new likes from miles around, but a lot of them have friends who are also likers.

I did 3 days and got 50 new likes. The first day I realised that it was targeting the wrong people so I changed the audience and put all the local town names in as keywords instead. It worked a treat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted all my offers on Facebook and got around 100 likes but really I'm not confident many, if any new clients were a result from finding our Facebook salon online. The reason being I've only had a couple of bookings for a promotional treatment though Facebook indicated several hundred people had "redeemed" the offer, so the maths doesn't work.

Redeeming the offer is just having it push to the DM or email system.

You don't have to like the company to redeem the offer.

Obviously i have no idea about your position but talking as a facebook user, seeing the ad doesn't nescesserily mean i'll like it. Have you thought about making the promoted add a competition, with the "like and share to win.... X" could just be a wee thing, but it gives people a reason to like, and once the comp is over hopefully you will have a large base to post further ads, offers, etc? Feel free to shoot me down just an idea, my friends photography page has taken off like a rocket by doing a profile pic comp, like & share promoted post and the winner at random gets a free photo and to be the face of her business for a month.

Obviously i have no idea about your position but talking as a facebook user, seeing the ad doesn't nescesserily mean i'll like it. Have you thought about making the promoted add a competition, with the "like and share to win.... X" could just be a wee thing, but it gives people a reason to like, and once the comp is over hopefully you will have a large base to post further ads, offers, etc? Feel free to shoot me down just an idea, my friends photography page has taken off like a rocket by doing a profile pic comp, like & share promoted post and the winner at random gets a free photo and to be the face of her business for a month.

That's a good way to promote, must agree!

I have 2 accounts , one as myself and a business one ( created before I realised that I should have that as a like page ) ..I was flicking through FB last night on my personal page and a paid ad came up on my feed and it said my other page had liked it .....when I certainly had not liked it ......so FB seem to be getting people to buy ads and just randomly liking pages to suggest the paid ad is working ....crock of you know what .:evil:

I have 2 accounts , one as myself and a business one ( created before I realised that I should have that as a like page ) ..I was flicking through FB last night on my personal page and a paid ad came up on my feed and it said my other page had liked it .....when I certainly had not liked it ......so FB seem to be getting people to buy ads and just randomly liking pages to suggest the paid ad is working ....crock of you know what .:evil:

Facebook has bills to pay and silly money to earn. They don't earn money by people doing competitions but by selling ads. Facebook has gone down in my books over the past few years since they stopped thinking about the user.

There are several different ways you can 'advertise' on face book.

You can do an add, with a budget....and your add will be promoted (that means just shown) to people in your criteria until your budget is used up. It does not mean you will get likes or interactions from it. You can choose if the add is promoted in peoples timeline or on the rthnd column.

Alternatively you can promote your post/add were you pay per like or interaction that you get. You may have to pay about £1 per like so it's important to get your audience targeted properly so they are useful likes.

I done this recently and I keep getting the weirdest people liking me. Some of them have made up names, others have very strange names (not that I am judgmental on names) but all my new likes since doing the advert have been this and they are all originally from Eastern Europe and live in London...really don't know what's going on x

Facebook has bills to pay and silly money to earn. They don't earn money by people doing competitions but by selling ads. Facebook has gone down in my books over the past few years since they stopped thinking about the user.

I have no problem with them selling ads but what they're doing is devious .

So if you pay for an ad and get say 50 new likes which you hope will be from potential clients but FB have liked the page on behalf of the potential client , fooling both parties ....so I wouldn't trust them at all now or waste a penny advertising with them. It's a con.

I have no problem with them selling ads but what they're doing is devious .

So if you pay for an ad and get say 50 new likes which you hope will be from potential clients but FB have liked the page on behalf of the potential client , fooling both parties ....so I wouldn't trust them at all now or waste a penny advertising with them. It's a con.

I don't blame you however advertising is so cheap on Facebook you might as well just use it as one of many marketing plans.

Latest posts

Back