Facial help (co-worker quit and I have facials booked...)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katechaos

Reaction score
Hello,

I am qualified and trained in peau vive, dermalogica and bioelements skincare. My coworker walked out and left a full book of facials which have all been transferred to me, the issue, I have ZERO confidence with facials. I do not enjoy offering them, I have doubts I am able to offer a treatment that meets my own standards (I'm a perfectionist to the extreme.) What steps do you take to ensure an extra special facial? I am SO nervous:Scared:. I have not done a facial in over a year.

Thanks geeks :)

Hi first of all relax. If you client sense you are uncomfortable it will make them feel the same.

What are you not confident with? Facials are pretty straight forward as long as you know how to analyse different skin types and prescribe products accordingly. If you were product trained just look over your notes.

Make the atmosphere relaxing with candles and music and talk to your client in a relaxing, calm tone during your thorough consultation.

You could add in a hand and arm massage when the clients mask is on for an nice extra and make sure you give them a good face, neck and shoulder massage to enjoy the experience.

When applying and removing the cleanser, exfoliator etc. do so in a slow relaxing manner but make sure you cover all areas including the neck so they feel they are getting the best benefits. Make sure their feet are covered and when they have a mask on cover their neck with couch roll then bring the blanket up to ensure they are warm and cosy :)

Thank you! Im just a bit anxious to offer a service I have not done for the prices my salon has. $120 US is quite an expense for clients and I want ny service to be worth every.penny.

Latest posts

Back