Facial - Hot towels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was wondering those of you that do facials, do you use a steamer or do you use hot towels?
If you use hot towels, how do yo heat them an keep them at a good temp?
I am doing beauty at college and use their facial steamer but at home in my salon am thinking of using towels. Do you use a crock pot? Or similar???
Thanks
Sam:green:

i use a facial steamer, you can get little portable ones that sit on your trolley from £30, i use hot towels for purifying back treatments and i heat these in a baby bottle microwave steamer, it holds the heat for 40 mins plus hth xx
( www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk steamers on offer )

Our range allows for both a wet room ie: Vishey shower or bath/spa tub, shower/s, & no wet room where hot towels are used to infuse & remove treatments.
I fill a large stainless steel bowl with "hot" water, dunk & wring hand towels out.
I can change the water throughout the service[when the mask is on]

At this stage we [therapists] have agreed to stay with hot towels as opposed to the steamer, keeping our treatments more "hands on".

Havn't had a complaint yet, everyone seems to really enjoy the experience.

HtH

XX J XX

i use a steamer sometimes to fill the air with steam, during my exfoliant, or mask but i use steam towels for all product removal wraps most body treatments i use them alot in doing nails also removing a scrub a mask i fill a sink full of hot water usally put a few drops of essential oil dunk in roll tight to get all excess water out it can burn your client put towels in crock pot to keep warm

Thanks everyone, very helpful.
I am going to use the hot towels I think,

I will be going mobile in September and I have got both, some towels and a small steamer. I have been taught that the choice would depend on the skin type primarily. Especially if the client has alot of blockages then steaming would give a much better result and of course far easier removal.

I use hot towles as part of one of my facials. I use them over an extra mask and my clients love it. Its probably my most popular facial! I bought a hot towel warmer from a shop on ebay for about £140 and it was one of the best buys iv made!! It holds 36 towels and has three temp settings, and an ozone setting for sanatising. I love it and would recommend including hot towels in treatments. hth:)

i use a portable steamer bought from capital

i have tried the hot towel method but i prefer using a steamer

Latest posts

Back