Facial & lash+brow tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyQueen88

Reaction score
Which would you do first? The facial then the tint? My head says the facial first to avoid any products affecting the colour of the tint? but I want my client to be nice and relaxed and go home, not have to sit through a tint X

Last edited:
Which would you do first? The facial then the tint? My head says the facial first to avoid any products affecting the colour of the tint? but I want my client to be nice and relaxed and go home, not have to sit through a tint X

I do a lot of brow/lash tinting and always do this after a facial because oily products used during the facials may lift off the tint.

I explain to my clients in advance the order of treatments and why and they are always fine about it. I give them a couple of minutes after their facial to "come round" a bit and then gradually turn up my lights (which are on a dimmer switch) and do their lashes and brows and don't really chat unless they want to.

TBH clients are usually so zoned out that they are barely conscious anyway Lol! In some respects it's the best time to do a brow wax as they are virtually sedated and don't feel anything!

HTH
PB
x

I always do the tint first and then the facial. I've never had any problems with the tint, and want clients to leave after a lovely facial - having said that it's not exactly a hardship having your lashes and brows tinted.....

Cleanse then lash & brow tint then rest of facial.
This is how I was taught and examined on many moons ago. :)

Thanks ladies, I agree it's not exactly a hardship lol so she might not mind. Personally I'd rather do the tinting first if I was the client. I suppose I'll just ask her which she'd prefer!

Last edited:
I do a lot of brow/lash tinting and always do this after a facial because oily products used during the facials may lift off the tint.

I explain to my clients in advance the order of treatments and why and they are always fine about it. I give them a couple of minutes after their facial to "come round" a bit and then gradually turn up my lights (which are on a dimmer switch) and do their lashes and brows and don't really chat unless they want to.

TBH clients are usually so zoned out that they are barely conscious anyway Lol! In some respects it's the best time to do a brow wax as they are virtually sedated and don't feel anything!

HTH
PB
x

This made me laugh 'virtually sedated' hehe xx

In college at the moment we are taught to do facial first and then lash and brow tint together after. Hope that helps.

Please don't shout at me, because I was originally trained this way, but I would tint both immediately after applying masque, so whilst client is relaxing with masque, tint is also working. Remove tint first (obviously brows earlier), then masque. Saves both client and therapist time. It does take some expertise to master I suppose, but as I was taught like this, it is the way I have always done it, and NEVER had any complaints. hth

I would do it after, mostly because a lot of my clients have a brow wax with their tint and I wouldnt want to wax and then put a tonne of product on freshly waxed skin.

I have tinted before hand and never had a problem though, the area should be thoroughly cleansed after tinting so you wouldn't need to go over the are too much during a facial anyway.

I always tint first then do the facial, this was how I was trained. If the Client also wants a brow wax then it needs to be done at the end to prevent any products irritating the freshly waxed area x

Reading these comments suggests either way works equally well and depends on how you like to organise your workstation :biggrin:

I like that idea Elaine, save a good 10 minutes x

That is a good idea Elaine! I may try this :) it wasn't a wax, just a brow & lash tint. I did it before and she was pleased :) thanks for your help and support ladies xx

Whilst I am sure there are some clients that wouldnt mind you doing the tint whilst the mask was on if they were short on time I am sure most clients wouldnt want to give up the foot/head/arm massage we should ( at least I feel we should) be doing during their mask to aid relaxation....

Just my opinion though.

Latest posts

Back