Facial Massage / Skincare VTCT Level 2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MayE

Reaction score
The London School of Beauty & Make-Up - Barbican, London - Saturdays

Hi All

Has anyone done this course? Your comments would be appreciated.

Also did you move onto the Electro Therapy Facial Level 3 also on Saturdays?

Thank you.

Any one have any comments, please?
Thank you.

I can't comment on the course provider as I've never been there but it's a recognised qualification and worth having. It forms part of the nvq2 in beauty therapy so check that it's good value for money. ..you may wish to do it as part of nvq2 rather than a separate thing.

I believe VTCT is internationally recognized and NVQ isn't. Is that correct, anyone?

Thank you for replying to my question.

I believe VTCT is internationally recognized and NVQ isn't. Is that correct, anyone?

Thank you for replying to my question.

I think they both are x

Sorry to jump in, there is so much confusion on salon geek around awarding bodies and qualifications.

VTCT is the name of an awarding body. The NVQ is a qualification.

VTCT will award you the NVQ qualification, lots of colleges ofer this type of qualification. When choosing your college make sure that the course you are studying is a recognised qualification (such as NVQ, BTEC, HND) and that it is given by a recognised awarding body(such as VTCT, City & Guilds, CIDESCO, CIBTAC).

If you are looking for an internationally recognised qualification I believe it needs to be a CIDESCO recognised course. These are the hardest courses in the industry but will turn you into the best therapist with the highest regarded qualification.

Sorry to jump in, there is so much confusion on salon geek around awarding bodies and qualifications.

VTCT will award you the NVQ qualification, lots of colleges ofer this type of qualification. When choosing your college make sure that the course you are studying is a recognised qualification (such as NVQ, BTEC, HND) and that it is given by a recognised awarding body(such as VTCT, City & Guilds, CIDESCO, CIBTAC).

If you are looking for an internationally recognised qualification I believe it needs to be a CIDESCO recognised course. These are the hardest courses in the industry but will turn you into the best therapist with the highest regarded qualification.

Hi I agree with what you say about the confusion and you are correct. However VTCT for example are recognised across Europe and in many countries around the would but I would always suggest you check with the awarding body or the counties consulate to confirm .
HABIA also said that they are placing tighter controls on training providers and the short/ fast track courses.
Another piece of info is that HABIA is no longer government funded and awarding bodies no longer have to a answer to them. The only 2 awarding bodies which currently choose to be affiliated and regulated with them are VTCT and ITEC.

VTCT(NVQ) and ITEC are recognised in most countries, however every country has it's own requirements. I can only speak for Italy but a CIDESCO although a very sound bet in terms of an excellent overall qualification does not necessarily gain any favouritism or fast track over other recognised qualifications meeting with the required standard, in fact they recognise VTCT awarded qualifications readily here. CIBTAC is considered on a level with ITEC. I cannot speak for BTEC or HND.

It is important that you meet with the required national standard ( here it is 2700 hrs and to have covered all the curriculum required to be called an aesthetician - so minimum level 3 -4 ) so with any UK gained quals hoped to be used abroad, whether they state international or not, my advice is that it is very important to not assume that your qualification will necessarily be held in the same esteem elsewhere in the world and contact directly the dept who deals with recognising overseas qualifications within your country of choice before deciding. Hope this makes sense.

Thank you all for your advise. The country I was thinking of was the USA. Thought training in England
would be a good move. I guess it may be a case of re- training if VTCT not recognised in the US!

Will see what VTCT say.

Hi MayE

I did this course April-June this year and loved it! I travelled a hour each way but it was totally worth it. I wanted to then do the Electrotherapy too as I learnt so much in the Level 2 the teaching was amazing, but I moved away and live nowhere near now.

Highly recommend the college.

Thank you all for your advise. The country I was thinking of was the USA. Thought training in England
would be a good move. I guess it may be a case of re- training if VTCT not recognised in the US!

Will see what VTCT say.

For the USA possibly CIDESCO would be a good option for you. I could be wrong but it was my understanding that it was recognised in the states. The London School of Beauty offer courses, you could try asking them. I think most countries might not really recognise individual modules, it's better to consider doing a whole training program. So you are a complete therapist (if that makes sense??) I would definitely get in touch with the state you are planning to move to, ask whichever dept is in charge of converting/recognising quals and make sure, it can be very disheartening if you have worked hard for something and then have to do more training wherever you decide to move to xx

For the USA possibly CIDESCO would be a good option for you. I could be wrong but it was my understanding that it was recognised in the states. The London School of Beauty offer courses, you could try asking them. I think most countries might not really recognise individual modules, it's better to consider doing a whole training program. So you are a complete therapist (if that makes sense??) I would definitely get in touch with the state you are planning to move to, ask whichever dept is in charge of converting/recognising quals and make sure, it can be very disheartening if you have worked hard for something and then have to do more training wherever you decide to move to xx

Thanks for the advice. Just wondering on this subject if there is an issue, would working from home cause an issue with VTCT qualifications?

CIDESCO qualification, would love that, but in the £7,000 bracket and I work full time - not an option!

Oh well see what VTCT say.

Cheers

Hi

Does anyone know if you can get insurance if you study facial massage/skin care independently and not part of a beauty course.

Thanks.

Hi

Does anyone know if you can get insurance if you study facial massage/skin care independently and not part of a beauty course.

Thanks.

As long as it's a recognised qualification you'll be fine (nvq/itec/city and guilds etc)

If it's not a qualification you'll need to check with an insurance company if they'll accept a course before you do it. For example, some courses are accredited by The Guild of Beauty Therapists.

Latest posts

Back