Facial massage.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princessstacie

Reaction score
:lol:Hello fello geeks me again!
Now, when i was taught to do facials we were given 36 massage moves to learn and perform in our assessments, they had to cover each massage range enough times eg effluege,petrissage,tapotement,vibrations.
Im just a little confused because i've noticed that alot of my colleagues arnt performing all these moves! It takes me around 15mins to do this and i think it makes a hell of a difference to the facial itself.
But what do you think? Do you do alot of massage? And what do you do?
Thanks for your help!:hug:

Hiya

I have just finished college in June and i like yourself do a massage routine which takes around 15 minutes

I feel this is the best part of the facial and if therapists are cutting this time down then the client isnt getting the best experience possible

Dontknow what every1 else thinks

Xx

I think the massage should be the heart of the facial. I spend about 15-20 minutes massaging the face in my facials. other than the use of professional only products it's the one thing the client can't do for themselves at home. For the increased penetration of products, oxygenation of the skin, increased blood flow, increased drainage & stimulation of fibroblastic activity itself it is worth it's weight in gold. And although I can get similar effects from ultrasound it's nowhere near as relaxing!

I personally don't do any tapotement or vibrations anymore, but I do a lot more pressure point massage & a few extra 'lifting' techniques. My massage always changes, and is barely recognisable from the one I learnt at college!

Hi I agree with Martin - it should be the heart of the facial. My massage does not include vibrations but I do include some tapotement as well as effleurage and petrissage. Lymph drainage movements are also useful.

You will find as time goes on you do adapt routines - this may be due to the requirements of the client/ new ideas and new products which provide further training. :)

Latest posts

Back