Facial peel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scissorz

Reaction score
Hi skin geeks, I'm a hair geek which is why I'm posting in consumers for some advice. I suffer from really bad under the skin spots on my face and back and shoulders. Some are like melia spots and some are white heads, they are a lot worse during my time of the month obviously. I have a normal skin type, not greasy or dry, I don't wear foundation as I find it makes the spots worse, I try not to but I sometimes pick them which result in scabs, my question is would a facial peel of some sort be helpful? Also what causes this, I eat well and drink plenty of water but these breakouts are getting me down, as they are under the skin they are not that noticeable hence why I don't need foundation but I know they are there, any advice thank you

I would recommend a salon visit to have a full skin analysis and a good deep cleanse. It's difficult to advise without a skin analysis. A good therapist will be able to guide you how to get this under control. She/he will also help you with a home care routine. You may well be using the wrong products at the moment, making your condition worse. Let us know how you get on x

I would recommend a salon visit to have a full skin analysis and a good deep cleanse. It's difficult to advise without a skin analysis. A good therapist will be able to guide you how to get this under control. She/he will also help you with a home care routine. You may well be using the wrong products at the moment, making your condition worse. Let us know how you get on x

^^^ agree with above, a salon or clinic visit would be an excellent plan, perhaps a program of professional treatments such as peels and get them to help you with home care x

I suffered quite bad with these for about 2 years. They appeared from nowhere and they were so painful. I won't to the doctors and was given cream and a 6 month course of antibiotics to take! Neither worked, except the cream dryer my skin sore and peeling!

I gave up in the end after the docs said the only other option was a hospital visit to have a super strength tablets for 6 month. My sister did this about 3 years ago and it was horrid so I decided to just put up with it. I ended up treating myself to some new foundation (I never wore any previously except on an occasional night out) and bought the No 7 BB cream from boots. I also got the Nivea sensitive facial wipes to take it off with. I used it every day for a month and my face was TONNES better! I do get the odd spot, but not those awful under the skin ones. Honestly I feel miles better. It could have been a complete fluke that this happened but now not a day goes by that I don't wear it :D

Latest posts

Back