Facials or lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyy123

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
I just wanted to know how many of you get more business out of which treatment?
I'm currently a nail geek but want to expand my treatment list, now, I'm not made of money so have to do things one by one... I initially thought I will do facials and reading threads on here decided on Eve Taylor as I simply can not afford the start up costs of Dermologica but also wish to train in eyelash extensions.
I hope you can help me decide whats next on the to do list :biggrin: xx

A good facial routine works wonders, plus it's an affordable luxury. I take around 1.5 hours to do mine plus product is minimal so you make a good margin.

I do lashes as well but have just started these so cant say how they'll work out money wise

Xx

Thank you so much for your reply. Its quite hard to decide when you can only afford 1x treatment at a time. Good luck with your lashes i hope it works out for you x :)

I do lashes and did facials but have since taken facials off my treatment list concentrating on my regular bio, shellac and lash clients. I have more regular clients with nails and lashes with full sets and infills. Facials were more of a treat with my clients and not as regular as I hoped. Also the kit required for facials to cater for all skin types was a big set up cost. Lashes was a gradual set up for me however it does take longer to master and be confident. I also trained in microdermabrasion and had a Skinbase pay as you go machine which was fab and very popular.

I think they are very diferent treatments and it is difficult to say which would have the most finanical gain. Are you wanting to offer facials with results from products, or to offer a facial treatment like microdermabrasion or CACI where you would have machine driven result? For both of the latter facials, you could offer a course of treatments and make money that way.

For lashes, you have a longer practise period, where you would not be making a lot of money. You have to perfect the treatment before offering it at a full price. Your lash training is really important, so choose the company you want to train with carefully.

Think like a client. If you have £xx would you spend it on a facial or a full set of lash extensions? Personally I definitely would not have the facial!

What is the age group of your clientele, would they prefer facials or lash extensions? What would be the longer standing treatment on your list?

I would say neither and go with HD brows or such like , and party lashes x

Oh no lots of different replies. I would use products only as am mobile although would be fantastic to use caci if i had a salon! One day one day ... *dreaming off....*

Hehe. Thank you for your replies it looks like ive got lots of thinking to do! I have decided also which lash company i'd go with an am in contact with them.

Good point regarding all the different skin types products I guess it would pretty much weigh out to be the same cost for both set ups.

Latest posts

Back