Faded red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Hi peeps
i have a client who used to have bleach highlights, she is naturally ginger base 8
last time she wanted her hair red ( think lindsey lohan red ) so gingery red we went to the suppliers together and she picked 6.46 majirel so i got 6 base aswell and 3% it came out perfect! no root glow just great, although a little darker, but guess this is because the hair is pourous and in any case it fades ( which is has ) the roots have pretty much stayed the same, but from the ears down faded quite a bit, she wants me to do her colour again on thursday but wants something a bit more gingery....
im thinking that maybe the 6.46 was a bit darker because of the base 6 in it, but am i right in thinking i wont need to add the base 6 this time so it should come out more coppery anyhow? im gonna use 3% again ( is that best choice) and should i put on the faded lengths and ends first or go straight through?
any ideas or tips would be great help! a mate said to me about using a quazi or something like that... do u think that would give me an even coverage and a good long lasting result?
thanks guys xxxx

I am assuming what you are using is fairly similar to well as a 6/46 would be a copper violet in wella...

Anyway you will get a far better result because you have laid a foundation with the first colour. You could try a porosity leveller and also I would suggest using a Quasi as it would stain the hair better and also would be less damaging (as the hair is bleached I would be concerned about this) x

brill
thanks kim, will go quasi hunting! shall i put it on roots through to lengths and ends or roots first? ive started using clynol now so maybe i will try one of the brilliance colours they look lush!
also i know at college we were told to put quasi on towel dried hair, but i found it better results putting on dry!? do u do that?
thankd for ur advies xx

Yeah I put quasis on dry hair. I find if the hair is wet then it's misleading and a few times I've been caught out and the colour can be a bit patchy.

I would say do the roots (how long since last coloured?) and then once you have done all the roots go through to the ends. You will def see a far better result this time. Cos there is a base to grab on to. X

she had her hair coloured 5 weeks ago so not a huge root i would imagine
brilliant i will try that then! shall i use 3% with it or would u go less?
thanks kim xx:lol:

Wella do a 1.9% that is for use with a quasi but mostly I will use 3% or 4% with a quasi. X

thanks again kim! im looking forward to doing it now hehe
thanks for ur help i will let you know the outcome :smack:
xx

result was lovely, i used 5.5 clynol brilliance - client was very happy xxx
thanks for the advise xxxx

Latest posts

Back