Fake Bake Original & Beyond Bronze?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passionate

Reaction score
I've seen my local supplier sell both of these lines from Fake Bake for spray tanning - what's the difference? I've only ever used the Original and Dark. They don't seem to say whether it's light or dark.What percentage is the Beyond Bronze does anybody know?

Our rep said that its more like original in colour and the main difference is its lasting time, he said u maybe get about 4days out of it as opposed to 5 or 6, hence the cheaper price. i usually wear original and really liked the colour.

Hope that helps a wee bit.
Katie x

I thought the beyond bronze was their high street retail range

I spoke to a fake bake distributor, they said it's like original but with out some of the conditioning agents. So its a cheaper option really.

I thought the beyond bronze was their high street retail range

This is what i was told when i did fake bake training. Makes total sense what with the fake bake spray tan products being professional and then you have the beyond bronze as retail only (with fake bake retail costing a bit more).

Beyond bronze has lower quantity of dha so won't last on skin as long. Basically it cheaper to make and started it as a trade product so they could make more money as they are a struggling business. As I'm sure you have seen they ceased trading in uk this week.

Hi there,

I currently use your spray tanning system for my clients. I use the original, gold, dark and 60 minute tan.

I currently charge £15 for these ones.

I also use the beyond bronze spray tan as well and charge £10.

Could you please give me some advice on what the average price or maximum I could charge for these tans as I will be doing a price increase later in the year for my business.

I am a mobile beauty therapist and have the pop up tent etc.

Also, I am aware from my training that one coat is required for the original, gold or dark and 60 minute. Is this the same with beyond bronze? Even if you spray a few more coats with beyond bronze, is it likely to make you any darker or not? I Have a client who insists on 2 coats which I am doing at the moment and feel it is eating into my stock and she refuses to pay £15 for the longer lasting one.

What is the cost of doing spray tans as a therapist? Either with normal or beyond bronze? Taking into account, tan solution, moisturiser, sticky feet hair net, paper pants and electricity?

Thanks

I would put your prices up by at least £5 for each ran and the gold tan by £10 as that is the premium tan.

But ultimately you need to be looking at your unit price, so your hourly pay, equipment use etc then add your mark up and go from there as we can only ever give you a guide to what to charge.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks small and cute.

I managed to have a word with her and she now pays £13 for one and half coats which is fine just now. Come January I will be increasing my prices anyway. Thanks for your reply xx

Latest posts

Back