Fake Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YahYah

Reaction score
Hi geeks!!

I'm totally new to this so please be gentle. I'm booked onto the Shellac beginners course at Sweetsquared next month and uber excited. I've just had a birthday and lots of my lovely friends and family bought me some Shellac! Most came from a website called lovelyjubbly but a couple came from amazon. Actually from amazon themselves not other sellers on there... anyway I'm terrified incase they aren't genuine. All the bottles are slightly different! They all have codes etched into the Base which matched the boxes and all start M15 which I gather is year of manufacture. I've noticed the future fuschia colour instructions on the back differ from the others with MSDS written as (M)SDS. Anyone else have any like this!? Obviously once qualified I can buy everything from S2 but just thought I'd see what you guys think xx

And the lobster roll polish has a shiny dipper!? The others are matte.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461674862.033720.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461674882.735863.jpg

My future fushia purchased from ellisons has (M)SDS on the back and the number on the base is M15x28A

My other genuine colours all seem to have base numbers M14..... Or M15....

Hope this helps.
Not sure about writing styles on the front - perhaps show us an example?

Unfortunately unless purchased from an authorised source such as S2 then there is no easy way to tell if you have fakes or the genuine article. I would ask your family to not purchase these for you in future. And anyway if you're training in order to then run a business all your product costs need to be recorded as business expenses for your accounts, you can't do that with gifts.

Thanks for replying. I tried to upload a photo originally but got a failure message due to file size... I haven't seen any other lobster roll polish with a shiny dipper so it's been returned to amazon for a refund.

Someones used fake gel polish on me before and it burns when being cured!! Like actually hurts through ur nails so be careful! Its the chemicals in it apparently maybe just test it on one of ur nails? Xx

Apparently the way to see if they're fake or not is by the batch number, it should be etched into the bottom of the back or base of the bottle and it should be the same code etched into the box it came in? Apparently anyway, not 100%!! I always buy mine from S2, too scared to get them from Amazon! Xx

Thanks everyone yes numbers were etched and matched the boxes but the lobster roll dipper was shiny unlike all the others so my friend returned it to amazon and no quibble refund.. will be S2 all the way once I've done the beginners course!! Xx

Latest posts

Back