FAKEBAKE advice ......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Course i remember ive got a special ramp booked for ya to get in and out of
the caravan ........ pmsl .......

I'll bring my skateboard PMSL!

I'll bring my skateboard PMSL!

great idea :idea: ill bring mine too so we can skate around the holiday camp together and yes guys i will show you the pics.... not to be missed xxxx

I have had Fake Bake in the salon for the last 10 months and have had nothing but trouble with it.
Firstly tan not taking and when client goes home and washes it all comes off the lower leg, they then come back for re-spray which is a pain and looks bad on you and your salon.
Secondly the tan breaks up and goes patchy within days. Two clients came back and where they had scratched themselves they had white streaks!!

I am not the only three of my friends who are salon owners inbetween myself and as far as Lancashire have also had constant problems.
Not only the tan but I have found that the company I bought the package deal from never sent posters, consumer brochures etc so i was left in a predic of having the facility to ofer clients but no-one knew as i had no advertising mats. After askking for around about 6 months I finally got some mats but had had enough.:grr:
The final straw was when the rep rang the salon and spoke to one of the staff...
The line was bad as she was rininging off moby
"Hi its *** from Fake Bake"
"Sorry who?"
"*** You know Fake Bake, its a spray tan! Do you Know what spray tan is"
:smack:

How rude ! I wasn't having anyone speak to my staff in that manner. Thought Bollocks and changed to Naturasun. Young Nails had sent me some samples and we had had fantastic results so that was that :)
Hth love jo x

:irked:

Hi i am very new (baby geek!)to this site! I have trained with Fake Bake in September and i had nothing but good rave reviews and a spurge of new clients. I only wished i had it done years ago!! I practised on ten people to make sure i got it down to a T (hell i have learnt a lot on the way)

I use Fake Bake Instant original and darker version, it depends on the clients skin and preference.

It all depends if you are comfortable with it. I always make sure i give them advice prior to the spray tan and aftercare advice for post spray tan and they also receive the leaflets of do and dont of spray tan. I also give consultation forms to protect myself and them. If they never had a spray tan, i do a patch test first (it is a pain but i would rather they have it than none at all):green:

If you have any questions, do not hesistate to pm or contact me whatever or whereever or whenever.

geekies!!

T x

hi, has anyone tried using the extreme fake bake tanning gel? it gives a great colour, but i just cant get it right around my feet and ankles. am using the skin smoothie oil with it. does anyone know if the oil free moisturiser is better?
thanks

Well ive tried just about every tan there is out there!!! st tropez fake bake just tan sun junkie calafornia tan to name a few i got in contact with the companys direct and asked them to send me some samples however the best one and the one i use now for spray tanning is urban tan from the creators of fantasy tan it comes in several different shades so you can mix to get the right colour for your clients colour is very natural and tan lasts well over a week wears well with no patches also voted beat tan by elle magazine and used by the dancing on ice team!!!!:hug:

Hi, with the extreme gel, it dries really quickly, so you are best just using it on small areas at a time and blending it very quickly, you could try mixing it with the moisturiser, dont see why that would be a problem.

:Grope:Hi i am new to the forum and have been reading your comments about different solutions and i use A Tan and have tried beaux bronz A tan is a good price and everyone seems to like the coluor and it has a good colour guide i use the 10% the most but have the whole range never tried the extreme 16% yet the beauz bronz was lovley but harder to apply with my compressor it had darkening drops in it i have also used naturasun and that is nice to but lots of you seem to use tantrick and i have never read anyone using A tan what do you think of it

Latest posts

Back