False advertising - is it right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HandleyHair

Reaction score
I constantly trawl the internet looking for the best quality hair extensions for the best prices and often read the reviews.
Lately, I have came across quite a few brands now that claim celebrities "love" them.
I wasn't born yesterday. These celebs have probably worn there brand once, maybe without knowing as their technician installed them.

So basically i want to know, is it right that these companies can use this to their advantage by increasing the prices yet never improving on quality.

From my experience, just because there's a "celeb" on an advert on their site, does not mean good quality, does not mean good customer service and does not mean a celeb even cares about their hair.

//*RANT OVER*//

I constantly trawl the internet looking for the best quality hair extensions for the best prices and often read the reviews.
Lately, I have came across quite a few brands now that claim celebrities "love" them.
I wasn't born yesterday. These celebs have probably worn there brand once, maybe without knowing as their technician installed them.

So basically i want to know, is it right that these companies can use this to their advantage by increasing the prices yet never improving on quality.

From my experience, just because there's a "celeb" on an advert on their site, does not mean good quality, does not mean good customer service and does not mean a celeb even cares about their hair.

//*RANT OVER*//

If a celebrity has said they love the hair, then they love the hair. It's not really false advertising, not anymore then Cheryl Cole loving home hair colour! ahahahahahha x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

If a celebrity has had their hair before they're obviously going to use this to their advantage & pretty sure you would do the same lol.. Not really false advertising, just advertising.

What really annoys me is salon facebook and instagram pages where they use other peoples pictures and put quite ambiguous comments next to them like "love this hair" with no credit or indication to who actually made the hairstyle or picture. That to me seems like verging on false advertising as half the time there is no pictures of the salons acutal work, its just full of unreferenced pictures off pinterest, and sometimes client might not recognise this.

What really annoys me is salon facebook and instagram pages where they use other peoples pictures and put quite ambiguous comments next to them like "love this hair" with no credit or indication to who actually made the hairstyle or picture. That to me seems like verging on false advertising as half the time there is no pictures of the salons acutal work, its just full of unreferenced pictures off pinterest, and sometimes client might not recognise this.

So true. I see so many salons using celebrities hair but again none of their own.... I never used any celebrities hair on my page

They give a full head of hair for free, hence why you see the same "celebs" promoting different brands, owt for nowt,lol

This drives me mad!! See it all the time, usually with something ridiculous like "get this look for under £150" eh.... no.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back