false advertising on facebook!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddi

Reaction score
Just seen a facebook page called minx nails - the girl is offering 'minx' nails for just £10!! I thought hmm no way can she offer minx at that price and actually make a profit, so I looked at her photos - and guess what? They are all photos of trendy wraps, no minx designs in sight!!

I 'liked' her page and then posted on her wall - asking if she does minx nails or trendy wraps as I have looked through her photos and could only see the cheaper trendy wraps designs no minx. - I wonder how long before my post gets deleted?? :rolleyes:

It makes me sooo mad that people advertise one thing and blatantly offer a cheaper product instead!

I have 'reported' her page, but doubt it will make any difference.

I know of another therapist that claims to do Minx, but she charges £20 and uses Trendy Wraps. It annoys the hell outta me it's false advertising- perhaps Trading Standards could do something? X

I actually know a salon that does this!!! Xx

The same thing is happening with Shellac. Salons are advertising Shellac and are actually using gel polishes instead. Everyone has heard of Shellac but perhaps not Gelac, Geleez, Geleration, Gelish, Mani-q, etc. So they market it as Shellac. False advertising? Absolutely.

.. and we wonder why clients expect cheaper treatments when we are using decent products, as they really don't know the difference! Its blooming annoying!

Ohh and funnily enough my post on their wall has disappeared and it looks like I have to 'like' their page again - bet I have been barred lol..

I suppose all we can do is to keep charging what we charge and explain that we are using the products that we say we are and not using cheaper alternatives and explain we are fully qualified and insured etc..

Our quality of our work and our products will speak volumes.

That is terrible but personally...
if you had posted that all over my wall i would be raging..couldnt you of messaged her instead??

The same thing is happening with Shellac. Salons are advertising Shellac and are actually using gel polishes instead. Everyone has heard of Shellac but perhaps not Gelac, Geleez, Geleration, Gelish, Mani-q, etc. So they market it as Shellac. False advertising? Absolutely.

I agree with the post 100%!

Minx is a great product, but trendy nails wraps are good too. With the correct advertising I'm am sure these people could still make a profit without lying to the clients!

Same goes for Shellac. I personally love GELeration & I friend of mind does really well from advertising products in the correct way!

if you had posted that all over my wall i would be raging..couldnt you of messaged her instead??

But why?? It was an honest question - she has called her facebook page Minx Nails Parties - and yet NO photos or evidence that minx are actually being used, only trendy wrap designs..
If I went to a shop advertising designer handbags and when you went in found out that they didn't actually sell said handbags, wouldn't you be rather miffed that someone was trying to pull the wool over your eyes?

If this person really was using minx, they could of posted back saying something like yes they do use minx, but also trendy wraps, but at the moment didn't have any photos of the minx - or something along those lines..
I know that is what I would put on my wall if the shoe were on the other foot, so to speak, I wouldn't be fuming at all, why would I? Unless of course I had something to hide!

you would deserve it for being a liar. if people don't false advertise and/or lie, there are no consequences.

I can understand that. Just seems a bit unprounprofessional writing somewhere where all that therapists clients can read and surely libel for slander of someones business if you got your facts wrong thats all.

And i am so professional that i cant spell

I can understand that. Just seems a bit unprounprofessional writing somewhere where all that therapists clients can read and surely libel for slander of someones business if you got your facts wrong thats all.

If you read my post properly - you would see that I did not slander or get any facts wrong - merely asked if they used the product they said they were using as no photo evidence on their facebook, only a cheaper product (which it is)

How is that being unprofessional? :rolleyes:

Does she actually say anywhere that she uses minx? Or is she just calling herself Minx Nails?

She could've been established long before minx came onto the market or just using the name minx, I call my daughters little minxes all the time :D

It is soooo annoying that people can get away with this. They are quite clearly NOT minx, I was going to send her a polite email to let her know that she is false advertising but you can't do that unless you 'like' her page...... It sounds mean, but I don't want to 'like' her page!

haha @ sweetcheeks.

waxcetera, in her 'info' bit it says she does mobile minx parties, then on the wall a client asks if she does minx for children, which she says yes she does..??

But I know what you are saying.

Latest posts

Back