False Eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodeski

Reaction score
Hi there :)

Just wondering if false eyelashes take ok to tint?

I have a client with very few lashes who wants semi-permanent lashes applied but also to have them black-purple in colour.

I've never been in this situation before!

No idea I'm afraid. It might be worth contacting your supplier or lash manufacturer to ask them.
HTH.:hug:

I think probably not.As all tints use peroxide in them I think it would have a reaction to the glue/adhesive used in applying the lashes.Not sure if the ones you are using are real hair either but if not then the tint may not take.

I would have a look around or ask you supplier if they do coloured lashes,I cant see why someone dosn't as with strip lashes there are lots to choose from in many vibrant colours,hth

I had lash extensions done ages ago - I can't remember the brand but I know there was a choice of standard colours and fashion colours.

Hi there, i use hollywood lash extensions and you can tint once the lashes are on but only the root area as the tint would break down the bonds. If she is having coloured lashes in aswell as the black you can use a clear glue. check out Hollywood Lashes. Like i say i use all there products and have no complaints myself or from customers. Hope this helps you out

Hi there :)

Just wondering if false eyelashes take ok to tint?

I have a client with very few lashes who wants semi-permanent lashes applied but also to have them black-purple in colour.

I've never been in this situation before!

Hi hun :green: We'd be able to help you further if we knew whether you were talking about false eyelashes or eyelash extensions. These links should help explain....

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/44221-just-wondering-how-many-you-do-lash-extensions-2.html

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/50721-eyelash-extensions-how-do-you-get-good-therapist.html

Hi there, i use hollywood lash extensions and you can tint once the lashes are on but only the root area as the tint would break down the bonds. If she is having coloured lashes in aswell as the black you can use a clear glue. check out Hollywood Lashes. Like i say i use all there products and have no complaints myself or from customers. Hope this helps you out

With eyelash extensions, you must never tint 'over' the extensions (i.e after application) as eyelash extensions are placed 0.5mm-1mm away from the lash root, making it impossible to isolate tint just to the natural lash.

If tinting is required, it must be performed prior to eyelash extensions application. I recommend all my clients to come in the day before for tinting services (where possible), as the petroleum jelly guard used during tinting can result in less effective bonding results.

I would say No. i wouldn't do it. have you thought about eyelash perming? it gves really geed results, then tini them afterwards. let me know what you do. x

personally i would be too scared to try

but i some how doubt you could tint false lashes properly

Thanks for all the very helpful replies guys! I will look into the websites posted etc before deciding what to do...
My client has very short, sparse lashes, hence the need to add to her natural lashes. I want to achieve a very natural look (except for the purple of course!) so was thinking tinting the whole lot would provide an even colour but as many have said, what about the bonds!
I wonder how hard it would be to match a lash tint colour to false lashes/extensions in purple?!
Thanks guys I'll investigate more!

Originally I thought extensions and false lashes were the same, as that is what we have been taught at college (gasp!)

Thanks for those links to previous threads Amy, it really helped clarify the different terms for me. Now I'm not sure what to use!!!

Thanks for all the very helpful replies guys! I will look into the websites posted etc before deciding what to do...
My client has very short, sparse lashes, hence the need to add to her natural lashes. I want to achieve a very natural look (except for the purple of course!) so was thinking tinting the whole lot would provide an even colour but as many have said, what about the bonds!
I wonder how hard it would be to match a lash tint colour to false lashes/extensions in purple?!
Thanks guys I'll investigate more!
I wasn't aware that a tint was available in purple,if there is I would love to know the details.Thanks.xx

I haven't got any at the moment but I know Reflectocil do a purple tint. I verified this by doing a quick search on the net. I'm from Oz so not sure where you can get it from in the UK ;)

I haven't got any at the moment but I know Reflectocil do a purple tint. I verified this by doing a quick search on the net. I'm from Oz so not sure where you can get it from in the UK ;)
Thanks for that,I will have a look to see if I can get some,would be great to offer different colours from the usual.xx:hug:

Mmmm,just had a look at the Reflectocil site and it's showing just the same colours as we use,I.e the usual.No mention of purple,odd.

Definately! My client has purple in her hair and she wants eyelashes to match. She's an old duck to! :)

Latest posts

Back