False tips and gel polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiana123

Reaction score
I have a client who has one short nail and she cannot seem to grow it without it breaking
She always has gel polish on her nails but wants this one to be just as long but doesnt want an acrylic nail
Is it possible to stick a false tip onto the nail and blend it in with the natural nail and then paint over both the natural nail and false tip with gel polish?

unfortunately not, gel polish is not strong enough to give the tip enough support to last..you might get away with it for a night out, but it def needs either acrylic or a hard gel over it..why does she not want an acrylic nail?

unfortunately not, gel polish is not strong enough to give the tip enough support to last..you might get away with it for a night out, but it def needs either acrylic or a hard gel over it..why does she not want an acrylic nail?
Thank you she had them before but was always too rough with her hands so they either broke or came off , she was the one who suggested the tip and gel So i thought id ask

A tip and gel would come off very easily. A sculpted extension would look very natural and gave strength. If she's breaking acrylic extensions I'm surprised she doesn't break her natural nails

You could also try LCN natural nail boosting gel. Works great underneath gel polish.

A tip and gel would come off very easily. A sculpted extension would look very natural and gave strength. If she's breaking acrylic extensions I'm surprised she doesn't break her natural nails
Yes she does break her natural nails too

What about applying a builder gel on top before the gel polish. Perhaps a silk or fibreglass overlay to strengthen her natural nails.

Latest posts

Back