Family as clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronray

Reaction score
Does anyone else think that family are often the worst clients you have?
Mine is typically my mother!
Always questions what I'm doing, and why I'm doing it. Always picks faults with her hair as soon as its done, yet loves it then the next day and never complains about it again after...
And then often asks for the "same as last time" which infuriates me.
I ask myself do they expect more of us because we're hairdressers, or do we expect less of them because they are family?

I'm lucky my Mum is super laid back.... to the point she falls asleep when i do her hair haha! There is no way she would do that if she went to a different salon though. She is the type of person who would never complain, but because its me she will tell me if there is something she doesn't like, which isn't a bade thing, it gives me the option to fix it.

But i only do her hair for free, everyone has to either pay or feed me haha, sometimes both :)

I think if you just treat that family member as a client, then you dont have any problems, but you cant charge your mum!

Does anyone else think that family are often the worst clients you have?
Mine is typically my mother!
Always questions what I'm doing, and why I'm doing it. Always picks faults with her hair as soon as its done, yet loves it then the next day and never complains about it again after...
And then often asks for the "same as last time" which infuriates me.
I ask myself do they expect more of us because we're hairdressers, or do we expect less of them because they are family?

My mum isn’t that interested, she’s one of those ‘if it isn’t cheap Im not interested’ kind of people. Her priorities are clothes and hair, she hasn’t had her brows done for almost a year! I always give her a big discount because she’s my Mum and she recommends so many loyal clients to me... and she would never do what my stepmum is currently doing...! Stepmum is normally the level headed one I go to for advice when I have a Nightmare client and shes more of a ‘hasn’t stepped in a beauty salon in her life’ type, but now she has booked, messed me about and is being my nightmare client. I made myself clear of my rules and she’s not happy about it. Shes the one that told me my other daily are out of order for messing me about!

Worse clients are other hairdressers [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back