Family tree

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Min

Reaction score
Has anyone looked theirs up?
Found anyone rich and famous?
Share plz

My great great grandfather is Sir Isaac Pitman. Does that count ?? Also my husbands cousin is Marvin from JLS.

I have the same last name as rnb singer aaliyah :/ *wishes* that would be awesome! lol havent done a family tree yet:rolleyes:

My great great grandfather is Sir Isaac Pitman. Does that count ?? Also my husbands cousin is Marvin from JLS.

No way I used to be a massive JLS fan! Until their last album came out an I was disappointed lol do you see him regularly then? I've never looked up mine but think it would be interesting! x

I had an uncle Horris Randolph who lived with my grandma and grandpa until he died in his 90s in the late 70s and he was something to do with the Wilkinson sword company.He was what was known in those days as soft.I would say he had aspergers now I was always told he was abandoned I don't know the truth but he would have been a billionaire :biggrin:

My husband is an ancestor of William of Wykham, there's the original family tree in a frame which his side of the family always fight over..

No way I used to be a massive JLS fan! Until their last album came out an I was disappointed lol do you see him regularly then? I've never looked up mine but think it would be interesting! x

Have met him a few times before he was famous. Don't really see that side if the family.

My uncle did our family tree on my dads side years ago and they found they had a second cousin who was aboard the titanic, I found it fascinating x

Ooh how exciting
Ive tried to do my family tree on the free trial things but I only know as far as my nan and grandad so nothing exciting came up :/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

This week I've been doing an elderly clients, I thought I was done until she popped in today with a huge box of chocolates and coyly asked about her in laws lol...I've done mine for a couple of years, had a few interesting characters and found photos in asylum records 😜 I love it.

I've always wanted to do something like this, what website do you use x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Loads! Try googling IGI family search first...it's free. The trick is to cross check the free stuff before going onto paid sites...so Ancestry will have the same info as IGI but charge you for it. Marriage certificates give the addresses at the time of the marriage and both sets of parents...will also say if those parents are alive at the time or not and the mothers maiden name...which leads you normally to census records...which tell you where they were born.

Word of warning though....many lied. Seems women didn't like being over 40 back then either lol and many didn't actually know when their birthday was!

You can search the most recent Irish census free and also the passenger lists for Ellis Island if you know they went to US. Google is your friend here...it should help you find free search sites or even people looking up the same family as you.

I wish I could find out who my ancestors were. :/ It's impossible to trace due to documents being destroyed and name changes due to marriages through history. My father's side is from Cambodia, and a lot of things were destroyed during the Pol Pot era, and my mother's side traces back to China, but their family name is so common! (Plus a lot of things were changed and destroyed when my grandparents immigrated to Laos during the start of communism in China). I just know that side came from a long line of military men and I've got distant relatives in Hong Kong, but I don't even know their names.

I often wish there's a rich uncle out there somewhere who knows about me and will leave me everything in their will. :lol:

I'm to same - my grandparents are from pakistan so I doubt I'll get far. I wish I also know about some great persons in my line.

My brother did ours. Just after our parents died. Took him years, he travelled around the world getting all the info together. Unfortunately he discovered quite a few skeletons in the closet, lots of things our parents had kept from us, for good reason. I know things now about my family I wish I never knew. :eek:

Latest posts

Back