Fancy A Holiday?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Hi All,

There is a chance the public can make St Georges Day a public holiday

COPY AND PASTE THE LINK INTO THE ADDRESS BAR AND PRESS ENTER to vote, the site needs at least 30,000 votes for the government to take it seriously and give us another holiday, and I know you are up for that!!!!!

Pass the address on to whoever you can!!

http://www.stgeorgesday.com/voting.asp

The History

St. George is the patron saint of England. His emblem and ours, a red

cross on a white background, is the flag of England. It was adopted by

Richard The Lionheart and brought to Englandin the 12th century. The

king's soldiers wore it on their tunics to avoid confusion in battle.

St. George'sDay is on April 23rd, so, in a sense, this is England's
National Day.

Winston Churchill wrote

"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to

me than any other. That word is ENGLAND."

hi kimmi link not working/

stars r me said:
hi kimmi link not working/

Ok................copy and paste into address bar then press enter. Hope it works.

wow 414117 people have voted so far. us brits dont have enough holidays, lets get voting!!!!!!!

just voted! :cool: love the idea of an extra day's holiday, but might not be so keen when my business takes off and I have to pay my employees for another day off....! :irked: Still that is a very long way away!!

I think we should get together a vote for a national holiday on April 8th in honour of the royal wedding......:lol:

I am all up for an extra days holiday but what about St Andrews Day, St Patricks Day, Thanksgiving, Australia Day etc. etc sorry if I have forgotten anyone.

This is an International forum not an English only one.

naturalnails said:
I am all up for an extra days holiday but what about St Andrews Day, St Patricks Day, Thanksgiving, Australia Day etc. etc sorry if I have forgotten anyone.

This is an International forum not an English only one.

Oh don't turn this nice thread into something horrible. Pleeeeeeeeeease.

I'm English and proud of it. You give us the link for all of the above and I'll vote for them all.

For the record, I love everyone. Don't give a s**t what colour, creed, religion, size you are. I love you all.

HEY WORLD.....I think you all rock. :Love:

well said kimmi....this is a nice thread, lets keep it that way. No-one meant anything by anything.

I love the world too...and you kimmi xxx

Kimmi Rocks said:

I'm English and proud of it. You give us the link for all of the above and I'll vote for them all.

For the record, I love everyone. Don't give a s**t what colour, creed, religion, size you are. I love you all.

Great thread.....why does it ALWAYS get turned into something 'politically correct' on here ....light hearted fun el geekios no bad vibes intended i am sure !!!!!!!!

Ambxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

peace and good will to all man kind!

i say well done( kimmi ) for always giving us something to yaps about, i used to get board stiff a night, till my brilliant other half bought me a new pc. i had to drag my self away from here earlier to cook and clean:rolleyes: keep em coming kimmi:green: lol dianna xx

Kimmi Rocks said:

I certainly did not mean to turn the thread into something horrible and I am glad you have clarified your message here.

All I was trying to do was to let people know when they visit the board in a years time say, that everyone is welcome never mind where they come from.

Maybe I am being oversensitive - because I am not English - it did make me feel odd - but hey that is my problem, not yours!

Well i have voted and i am 1/4 welsh and i am self employed so in a way i loose out!!!!! I would have to pay staff for a day off!!! LOL

Amanda

I am glad to vote and all in favour of any excuse for a day off. Scottish and proud of it but I do think poor St George gets a raw deal out of all the other patron Saints.

naturalnails said:
I certainly did not mean to turn the thread into something horrible and I am glad you have clarified your message here.

All I was trying to do was to let people know when they visit the board in a years time say, that everyone is welcome never mind where they come from.

Maybe I am being oversensitive - because I am not English - it did make me feel odd - but hey that is my problem, not yours!

No problem sweetie and no bad feeling eh? You say you're not English; where are you from?

Us English are not as patriotic as our friends from other parts of the world so I thought it would be nice for us all to remember what a great country we live in.

Friends ?????????????? :hug:

Thanks Kimmi,

Friends - for sure. I am actually Scottish LOL but when asked I normally say British.

naturalnails said:
Thanks Kimmi,

Friends - for sure. I am actually Scottish LOL but when asked I normally say British.

I think Scottish sounds much more unique than British. Be your own person and be proud. xxx

Latest posts

Back