FAQ's waxing - any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemzom

Reaction score
FAQS
What are the benefits of warm waxing?
Waxing is the most effective method of temporary hair removal. The combination of heat and the skill of the therapist enable large areas of hair to be removed quickly from the root. These areas will then remain hair free for up to 2 weeks, and will require re-waxing in approximately 4 weeks after your initial appointment.
What are the benefits of waxing compared to other methods of hair removal?
Waxing is a form of depilation, along with depilatory cream and shavers. The use of depilatory creams and shavers leaves a blunt end to the hair and stubble will be visible within 24 hours.
A shadow is often present in clients with dark hair after use of such methods, but not after waxing. Waxing removes hair from the root/ follicle, along with tweezing, threading and epilators. When removed correctly the skin will remain hair free for up to 2 weeks. The hair that re-appears will have a tapered end and feel much softer to the touch.

Who cannot have waxing treatments?
You should not receive a waxing treatment if you have any of the following; unless you have received prior consent from a GP.
· Diabetes due to poorer healing following skin trauma
· Epilepsy
· Haemophilia
· Contagious Conditions (e.g. Impetigo)
· Infestations (e.g. head lice, scabies)
· Hypersensitive skin
· Scar Tissue (if less than 6 months old)
· Less than 3 months pregnant
If you have any of the following please discuss with your therapist prior to the treatment
· On the first day of menstruation – skin has much greater sensitivity
· If you have very loose skin – greater risk of skin damage
· If you are currently receiving electrolysis treatment in the same area- waxing distorts the hair follicle.
· If you have been exposed to UV light within the last 24 hours, or any other heat stimuli prior to treatment
· If you are using an acne cream or steroid cream on the area to be waxed. Creams that contain Accutane thin the skin.
· Cuts/ bruises, broken skin or blisters in the area to be waxed
· Large raised or hairy moles
· Varicose veins
· Sunburn, skin irritation, very sensitive skin
· Eczema, Psoriasis, Cold Sores, Bacterial infections

What Areas can I have waxed?
Eyebrows
Forehead
Chin (not recommended for male clients)
Sides of the face (not recommended for male clients)
Nape of the neck
Upper lip (not recommended for male clients)
½ leg
Full Leg
Bikini
Arms
Underarms
Hands and fingers
Feet and Toes
Chest (for male clients)
Back
Abdomen (unless caesarean has been performed in the last 6 months)

How long does my hair need to be prior to waxing?
Hair length must be approx. 1.5cm (1/4 inch) this will take approx. 2 weeks if transferring to waxing from another method of hair removal e.g. shaving.
How can I avoid ingrowing hairs?
Ingrown hairs often occur due to a build-up of dead skin at the surface of the skin. Regular exfoliation (around 3 times a week) and moisturising will help to prevent this from occurring. Also refrain from waxing too regularly in order to allow the hairs to grow through the skin.
When should I book my next waxing appointment?
Waxing treatments are generally carried out every 4 weeks. Left much longer than this, the hair will have reached the end of its growing stage and the results will not be so long lasting

Latest posts

Back