Fast tan's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sktanning

Reaction score
Hi
I notice LA Tan have brought out the new fast tan but wondered if anyone has used the OMG or Sienna x version?. What are the results/fade times?
Looking for a way to fill up Saturday daytime bookings. Is this something alot of people do?
x

If you search the site for threads on fast tans you will find lots of info.

There will be threads explaining that fast tans are not fast because they give you colour fast, they are fast because you wash it off fast.

You will find lots of oppinions of Sienna X tonight's the night & many other brands fast tans and that they tend to not last as long as a 'normal' solution - there are exceptions to the rule but they are only a few (veloci-t I believe is one of these although I've not tried it personally).

You will find threads where people have thought the solution didn't work then 24 hours later they announce they do have some colour, there are threads upon threads of info all waiting for you to find them and read.

As for asking which one is best - that is a minefield as each therapist will like different things and therfore you will NEVER get one answer from all, you will get loads of recomendations but in the end you need to trial them for yourself to see what you like and what you don't and then go from there.

Thanks think I best get on the phone, order some samples & find some willing testers.
x

I supply the Vani-T Velocity tan that Baggybear has referred to.

With Velocity you will find that a good colour can be achieved at the point of showering after 3hrs but it will also continue to darken for the next 48 hours until it reaches its full colour. A traditional tanning solution will reach this peak at 24 hours.

There are many so-called rapid tans which are simply high DHA formulations which will have very little colour at wash off but will continue to darken over the following 24hrs. As Baggybear points out they do not achieve the same depth or longevity of colour achieved with a true rapid tan.

Heather

I do a lot of Saturday tans using velocity for clients wanting a tan for Saturday night.

Velocity/Fusion mixed 50/50 also produces a deep Colour after only 4 hours on the skin which can be used for saturday tans as well.

My clients and I personally find that velocity lasts longer on the skin than traditional 8 hour tans and fades beautifully.

Latest posts

Back