Favourite colour brand for everything

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipxxx

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new brand to use for everything , permanent colour , Demi , on scalp bleach , and good care/ styling products , when I did my training I trained with wella the salon where I did my training then changed to goldwell so I had training in that , the salon where I am now used matrix and iv tried so many different brands like loreal , rusk , ion , schwarzkopf and in those ranges iv tried there colours , bleaches and products and I find things I like and dislike from every range does everyone stick with one range for there colour , bleach and products or do you have a mixture of different brands

I use a mix of brands. I have favorites from Matrix, Schwarzkopf, Paul Mitchell, etc. I also try new things all the time. If I stuck to one brand I think I would be limiting myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using SalonGeek mobile app

I use a variety too there's things I like & dislike about every brand, right now I've got all goldwell products & backbar and a few colours, a bit of tigi a bit of colourissimo a bit of label m and some schwarpskopf lol I like them all

I mostly use a lot of Wella, for blacks I use NXT very shiny and long lasting than any other brand. And I love 4fv joico.

Matrix for colour, but I don't like their styling range,
Redken for all my styling
Mayrix Biolage and Redken backwash
I love the schwarzkopf silhouette Black can hairspray

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

I use a variety too there's things I like & dislike about every brand, right now I've got all goldwell products & backbar and a few colours, a bit of tigi a bit of colourissimo a bit of label m and some schwarpskopf lol I like them all

What are colourissimo colours like

On the whole good but not for coppers or highlift anything above a 10 is too gold to me lol I use goldwell for highlifts and coppers

On the whole good but not for coppers or highlift anything above a 10 is too gold to me lol I use goldwell for highlifts and coppers

I remember reading something that on high percentages of grey u should use a shade darker , because on my mum I use rusk and I normally do like a 6.66RR and 6.000NC so in colourissimo would I use 5.66 and 5.0 or would I just use the 6.66 and 6.0

Matrix for colour, but I don't like their styling range,
Redken for all my styling
Mayrix Biolage and Redken backwash
I love the schwarzkopf silhouette Black can hairspray

The products you use sound like my dream salon!!

The products you use sound like my dream salon!!

Lol come work with me Joe..I have a spare chair lol

Would love too, don't think I could commute from Cumbria though :p

I use Wella for all colours, still playing around with styling ranges at the mo. Not sure I've found what I love in that range. Apart from silhouette hairspray. Love that!

I remember reading something that on high percentages of grey u should use a shade darker , because on my mum I use rusk and I normally do like a 6.66RR and 6.000NC so in colourissimo would I use 5.66 and 5.0 or would I just use the 6.66 and 6.0

I use the level I need to achieve, it's pretty good grey coverage tbh, however I have learnt that with really resistant grey an application of neat tint over the processing tint 15 mins before the end solved a problem I had where certain areas wouldn't take as well, that's only for super resistant tho, normal grey covers well with the correct ratio of fashion shade to base shade, they don't do double bases. If I'm looking to get a 6.66 ill use the 6's rather than the 5's

The only trouble I have with that hairspray is the can is wide I struggle gripping it lol, but I love it so improvised and I wrap tons of hair bands around it so hands don't slid up the can

I'm getting some in to retail, clients love it too

My mother in law is 80% grey and I use 3 1/4's 6.0 & 1 1/4 6.66 with 6%

The only trouble I have with that hairspray is the can is wide I struggle gripping it lol, but I love it so improvised and I wrap tons of hair bands around it so hands don't slid up the can

I'm getting some in to retail, clients love it too

I've just got some in to retail too, I got the medium and small cans, I'm going to do tha with the bands! So hard to grab the can spesh with oily hands! Genius!

The best things if you have any are the rubber charity bracelet bands...I've ran out, hense the hair bands elastic bands are perfect too for non slippage lol

Goldwell, for me, ticks all the boxes.

I've used Wella And Loreal I just find there are things performance wise they don't do.

For the two major brands I find them terribly basic.

I like bit's of everything. I primarily use Schwarzkopf (permanent, demi, bleach...) but I do have a couple of shades I like from other brands, particularly Goldwell, their reds are fantastic. I use Wella at the Salon I work at part time and while there's a few shades I really like, as a whole they're not my favourite. Dabbled in L'Oreal aswell and wasn't blown away.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If i had to pick one brand for everything, I would choose Schwarzkopf. I like the color lines and the product isn't bad either. Matrix would be my second pick, I love their color but am not crazy about the product.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back