Favourite set of nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are my favourite set of nails... My own naked babies. I've been a horrific biter for so long but decided a few months ago to finally grow them instead of wear tips so with the help of shellac I've now some length..

For the geekies not in the nail biting know, the area from halfway down the nail plate that looks like lifting is Infact nail bed that is becoming newly attached, my old nail shape and size can clearly be seen.
Unfortunately as my nails are growing and because they are still trying to repair themselves they are incredibly brittle - my thumb nail shows this by its length.

I wanted naked nails for pro beauty :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361668838.432304.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361668838.432304.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 414
Not necessarily my favourite nails I've ever done but I always thought this was a nice set of short stilettos I did on Samantha for a photo shoot a few years ago now. I was quite proud of those sharp-as-a-razor smiles with red glitter and a custom blended ruby red mix with CND coloured powders. :biggrin:

picture.php

Stunningly sharp smile lines! Beautiful :)

I'd say these are my favourite set of nails.
Although I did them aaaages ago and I can see many an imperfection, these were the set that started to get me more recognised and I saw a sudden increase in clientele! They're also a pretty good advertisement for the style of work I seem to attract in my area.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361690862.712113.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361690862.712113.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 378
This set I did yesterday is my absolute fave. I posted it around and it's got me so much new work!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361691591.449706.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361691591.449706.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 377
Sorry, would help if I added the picture :dummy:

87thepowderroom These are gorgeous! Your roses look amazing, can I ask how you did them? I just can't do it lol x

These are my favourite set so far. The photo was taken a week after application hence the growth. The additives had just came out and I remembered how excited I was to try this technique.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361694333.152088.jpg

This set is one of my favourites. They are on my mum and since she has had them I've used Rosebud loads. It used to just sit on the shelf collecting dust.
e6y2y4y4.jpg

Other than that its not exactly my favourite set but these fill me with the most pride ever. Getting a nail biter from this
2u5azy4e.jpg

To this in 6 shellac treatment over the space of 2 months
a3u6azyv.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

You are too much of a perfectionist, you must have some that you've been proud of ?

Honestly? No.
But it keeps me 'hungry' to practise, to learn and to improve my sculpting skills.

I think i did some lovely things with Shellac, but i cannot find proud in that, because it's "simpler" to do ;)...
Sculpting the perfect nail, no matter from wich side i look at it ..... that will be my favorite set of nails. I don't care what color they will be :lol:

87thepowderroom These are gorgeous! Your roses look amazing, can I ask how you did them? I just can't do it lol x

Thank you so much, the roses were done by using a dotting tool and making the circle a bit messy for the flower, then used a striping brush and made little 'c' shapes around a tiny dot for the centre of the flower. Then just some little green flicks for the leaves. Hth XxX

I'd say these are my favourite set of nails.
Although I did them aaaages ago and I can see many an imperfection, these were the set that started to get me more recognised and I saw a sudden increase in clientele! They're also a pretty good advertisement for the style of work I seem to attract in my area.

What colours did you use on these? X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

This is my favourite set and favourite colours. Sorry for this polish watermark, but I didn't find the original picture so I took it from my polish blog.

glitterestherorangenails_zpse217fb16.jpg

I did these yesterday, love it when a client has good strong long nails to work on!Some of yours are so beautiful, really gives me something to aim for! :)
picture.php

This is my favourite set and favourite colours. Sorry for this polish watermark, but I didn't find the original picture so I took it from my polish blog.

glitterestherorangenails_zpse217fb16.jpg

Beautiful. x

I think these 2 are my favourites :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361727562.393958.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361727562.393958.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 274
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361727603.065670.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361727603.065670.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 264
i remember these in the magazine, seems like many moons ago. were they as a step by step? Cnd ahead of the game as usual, wearable stilletos, classy. love them.xgigi.jpg

Last edited:
one of my favs, posted in the right place this time, too much wine tonight lolxd..jpg

What colours did you use on these? X

Hi, I used Gelish in Black Shadow and You're So Sweet You're Giving Me A Toothache (the pale pink from the Candyland collection)

Hi, I used Gelish in Black Shadow and You're So Sweet You're Giving Me A Toothache (the pale pink from the Candyland collection)

Thank you :) x

I have more favourites, but these I was over the moon with!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361734946.675657.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361734946.675657.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 247
i remember these in the magazine, seems like many moons ago. were they as a step by step? Cnd ahead of the game as usual, wearable stilletos, classy. love them.xView attachment 29072

They are gorgeous, love the colour x

Latest posts

Back