Favourite set of nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tronk7

Reaction score
Just a bit of fun really. What's your favourite/ best set of nails you've done ??

Just a bit of fun really. What's your favourite/ best set of nails you've done ??

Non, i "always" see inperfections:evil:

A bit boring really but it was a set of L&P I did on myself not long after I qualified and although they were still not perfect I just remember catching sight of my hands and thinking 'Wow I look like I've been to a nail salon and I did those!!' :biggrin:

These are one of mine. It's gelish with lots of different designs and some rockstar too. 😁

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 730

You are too much of a perfectionist, you must have some that you've been proud of ?

These :D I did them for my sister yesterday, they're not perfect and I had another nail tech down my neck guiding me but I feel I'm finally getting there with sculpting

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361620501.243070.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361620501.243070.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 727
These :D I did them for my sister yesterday, they're not perfect and I had another nail tech down my neck guiding me and I feel I'm finally getting there with sculpting

They look great !! It's such a nice feeling when you produce something your proud of and your client loves 😃

They look great !! It's such a nice feeling when you produce something your proud of and your client loves 😃

Thank you :) yes it's a great feeling and addictive! I can't wait to try again lol usually I dread having a client come in for acrylics

These :D I did them for my sister yesterday, they're not perfect and I had another nail tech down my neck guiding me but I feel I'm finally getting there with sculpting

How did you do the sparkle over the top? Xxx

How did you do the sparkle over the top? Xxx

It's NSI opal shimmer, I dip the glaze and go brush into it and brush it over the nail then I use a glitter free glaze and go to put on another layer to make sure its smooth :)

I'm the same, but I tend to overlook the small flaws because afterall I'm not a tattoo artist and those nails will be off in 3 weeks :p
That's not to say that I leave my clients with a hot mess, we're talking a wonky line or air bubble! Lol x

This was stretch for me. But it opened up the door for more!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 635
Design wise-these are my favourites so far-was a first attempt at stilettos. As always though I too see imperfections in my work-especially the weird shape of the middle nail!! Practise makes...well...makes us better!!! Hehe-good thread!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361630262.533744.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361630262.533744.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 622
Not necessarily my favourite nails I've ever done but I always thought this was a nice set of short stilettos I did on Samantha for a photo shoot a few years ago now. I was quite proud of those sharp-as-a-razor smiles with red glitter and a custom blended ruby red mix with CND coloured powders. :biggrin:

picture.php

You have done a lovely job with these. Great smile line especially. Personally I would just taper them in a little so that they don't look as wide at the ends (free edge). That's the only thing otherwise they are lovely. Well done. :)

They are lovely, how long have you been qualified?

X

Not necessarily my favourite nails I've ever done but I always thought this was a nice set of short stilettos I did on Samantha for a photo shoot a few years ago now. I was quite proud of those sharp-as-a-razor smiles with red glitter and a custom blended ruby red mix with CND coloured powders. :biggrin:

picture.php

:Love: The length and shape are beautiful, I want these nails, lol

You have done a lovely job with these. Great smile line especially. Personally I would just taper them in a little so that they don't look as wide at the ends (free edge). That's the only thing otherwise they are lovely. Well done. :)

Thank you so much :)
I'll keep that in mind with future sets I do, thanks for the advice :D

They are lovely, how long have you been qualified?

X

Thank you, I've been qualified since 2011 so nearly two years :) I hated sculpting in college lol but the salon I'm in don't really use tips so I have to keep practising

I know these are not fancy or showing lots of skill, but I like the simple wow factor of the red.

Attachments

• LARGEWildfire.jpg
    LARGEWildfire.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 512

Latest posts

Back