Feedback from those paying to promote posts on Facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
I've been looking into using the 'promote posts' function on Facebook, but would appreciate any feedback from those who have done this already. How much business in the form of completed appointments did it bring you?

Also, can you tell me from your experience if I have understood the concept correctly? You can promote posts from your personal profile, or your business page. Your business page needs to have over 400 likes to have this function though (counts me out).

So, concentrating on promoting from your personal profile, what is the audience limitations? Does it just go to your friends and stay at the top of the news feed? Or is it wider than this? I know it's wider when doing it from a business page.

I would like to know too. I also see alot of 'sponsord' local businesses down the right hand side of page and wondered it this has worked well for anyone?

I set this up two days ago, and so far I've had 11 new likes on my page and 1 booking. I only set my daily spending limit to £1 per day just to see how it went but will probably heighten the amount now been as I already have a booking.

I've had a load of likes since doing this and a few enquiries. It was likes I wanted as the more there are means the more people see my free status updates. You don't need 400 likers to promote your business page, that is only if you want to do the offers function :)

Thanks for your replies. When I did a search on the Facebook help pages it said that your business page needs 400 likes!

Those of you that replied, did you promote from your page or your profile?

My business page x

Thanks, and what options did it give you when you chose to promote? Just your likers? friends of your Likers? I would love to hear more details on how it actually works and how you have found it, would you continue doing it etc.

Yeah I'm definitely going to keep it going! It gives you options on age range, male or female, how many miles distance from you, married/single all sorts! I chose for the ad to show to people in bournemouth who haven't liked my page already! So the people who have liked my page my ad doesn't show to them.

Sheesh, I am usually pretty clued up on Facebook.

How do you do all of this? Is it through the build you audience function?

Thankyou and sorry to the OP for jumping in.

There are a couple of crossed wires here. A lot of you are talking about paying for an advert through your business page which gives you all the statistical options - area, age, sex etc to promote to.

The OP (I think) is asking about promoting a post. So if you post something on your business page, when it shows up on your personal timeline it will have the option underneath it to promote. Its next to like, comment, share etc.

When I click on promote it says it will cost me something like £4.00. I haven't tried it yet but I think it then appears as a promoted post in the timelines of friends of those who like your page.

Does that make sense? (I even confused myself lol) xx

Thanks Beautychic, you are right I am referring to the option to 'promote' that appears under your status (for six hours).

When I click this option on my own profile it just gives me the price and does not give me any options to increase the price by selecting specific targets.
I will try this on my business page and report back, but as I say, on the help pages it stated that you needed 400 likes to do this.

I'm only interested if it expands my audience and right now I can't see how it does.

Thanks Beautychic, you are right I am referring to the option to 'promote' that appears under your status (for six hours).

When I click this option on my own profile it just gives me the price and does not give me any options to increase the price by selecting specific targets.
I will try this on my business page and report back, but as I say, on the help pages it stated that you needed 400 likes to do this.

I'm only interested if it expands my audience and right now I can't see how it does.

Ah! I see. I was referring to the paid adverts that appear along the side. I have never tried promoting my posts. Sorry about the confusion x

No worries.

Tried this on my page this morning and I can confirm that there is no option there to promote, as I am under the 400 likes.

Nicole if you use the grow your audience/advertise 'thing' (sorry wine has affected my vocabulary) you can select to advertise a specific post or automatically your most recent post. I am doing this at the mo and only have 152 or so likes. You can narrow your target audience And set your budget etc this way. Apologies if I added to confusion earlier, I didn't know the 'promote' under your status even existed! There is always something new to learn!!

Latest posts

Back