Feedback/ideas for business name, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blush09

Reaction score
this business is not beauty related although plan to run alongside as get a lot of bridal clients
making heirloom bouquets and bridal headpieces using hand tooled millinery flowers, was thinking keeping it simple and to the point

* flora handmade
* the fleurie
* fleur du jour

any other sugestions welcome!

I love the word milliner! How about fleur de milliner, or milliner fleur, heirloom fleur, fleur-loom milliner?!?

thank you botox boy, i appreciate yr feedback

have actually registered *petite millinery* what do you think of that one? x

I have never heard of the word milliner, so had to google it.
I see it means hatmaker-but this is not all you do so I dont necessarily think its the right word to use as a business name. As well as the fact that I have never heard of it, maybe others will not have as well.

Maybe you could include your name. Bespoke Fleur /Fleurie by .......

x

I like it! Maybe drop the 'e' do it's French sounding? X

Oh and for me milliner has connotations of skill, style, bit if old fashion and tradition but made trendy and new by people like Philip Treacy, his hats are out of this world...

thanks again botox boy .. have finally settled on something completely different from the above

flora couture (flora being my daughters nickname)

with tagline : bridal pieces with haute ideas

will use the petite millinery when completed my hnc, just covered trimmings atm so making headpieces, fascinators etc .. nothing as ambitious as philip treacy hat just yet, lol although my first tutor was taught by the same french milliner who taught pt

also toying with *she suits a hat* at a later date, when making brimmed hats .. love this story, an elderly lady in care home i worked at used to be one of churchills secretaries .. she had pics and mementos everywhere and could talk about him all day long, one of her stories was that she gave him some paperwork as she needed a refererence to join the wrens and he made it known he didnt want her to leave and had simply written *she suits a hat* love it x

Love that! Brilliant idea, if not a name for the company, definitely a title for your newsletter!

Latest posts

Back