Feedback on new website please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawncbn

Reaction score
Hi, my husband has just made a website for the business that i have just taken over. Its not complete yet but i would really like to have some feedback on how it looks to you. I could spend loads of money on a proffesional to do the site but I have seen some bad ones and very complicated ones that leave the person looking not sure where to click the mouse.:confused:
So any constructive criticism will be gladly received.

HOME

It looks lovely!

You should get a price list on ASAP and some pic's of the staff would look fab!!

xx

looks great things I could think of that would improve are

Home picture could be of better quality it is a bit blurry

As said pictures of staff as I was actually waiting for it to load then realised none were going to come up

I would have aesthetics on a separate page

and services within the price list page as these link

other than that I think its good :)

First of all - congrats on having a website! I know that most of the geeks here have websites - but for me, I find it hard to find places in my own area because people don't put themselves out there. The Yellow Pages isn't enough - if you aren't on the internet you're losing out BIG TIME!

I agree with the price list - just make sure you update it regularly & put a "subject to change" notice on there.

More pictures would be great (of course they will come with time).

Get hubby to put your business name & small description of industry (eg your HAIR, BEAUTY, NAILS, AESTHETICS description) plus your suburb or general area in the "title" section of the HTML - instead of HOME, THE STAFF, FOR SALE etc. That will get you a better listing in search engines when they start to 'trawl' your page.

Great job! :)

The basics are there, you need more content, get the picture fixed on the front page.
I'd also make it look "prettier", after all, that is the indusrtry you are in.

The basics are there, you need more content, get the picture fixed on the front page.
I'd also make it look "prettier", after all, that is the indusrtry you are in.

Ditto

Hi, my husband has just made a website for the business that i have just taken over. Its not complete yet but i would really like to have some feedback on how it looks to you. I could spend loads of money on a proffesional to do the site but I have seen some bad ones and very complicated ones that leave the person looking not sure where to click the mouse.:confused:
So any constructive criticism will be gladly received.

HOME
great effort, i would love to be in ur position one day.it would look more attractive with contrasting colours on the pages, these could be ur salons signature colours, also as you dont yet offer many services you could give descriptions of what u do offer like(back neck and shoulder massage-£--, relaxing full body massage-£--, and details of what u actually wax, i know it sounds obvious but as a customer i would definetely look for details. good luck.:)

wowi i would love 2b in that position.. i think it is a great idea but agree it needs 2b prettier! i think grey is a little... offputting?? brilliant starting point though.. best of luck xx

Hi everyone, great feedback. Hubby is changing some of it as we speak. I have the price list already typed so will put that on. I haven't taken any pics of the staff yet, as I only took over the place on the 10th December, but will do that when I go back on the 4th Jan, (l live in France so I will only be going back to the business on a monthly basis for a week at a time) I haven't made a point of the beauty side of things yet as I dont have a beautician yet!!!! Anybody out there that wants to come and work with me on a self employed basis:)? All newly kitted out. My sister who is the nurse, has just finished doing her botox courses, (she has been jabbing people for the NHS for 26yrs), so we are trying to source a Dr for the initial prescribing for the clients. I want to do everything by the book. In fact I was most cross the other day when I read that a top beautician said don't go to a salon for "botox" but to a clinic!?! That was not the right thing to say when there are those of us out there that do things properly.
Dawn x

Latest posts

Back