Feel awful!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautG

Reaction score
Hi geeks I had a lady in today for a brow wax & cutting a long story short I've ended up taking more from one of her brows on the bulb than the other, I feel awful & I'm not even sure what I did! I've been waxing for about 4 years & am always very careful with eyebrows, I use an orange wood stick & cut my strips up so they're small. Has anybody else done this? I gave her a full refund & a free brow pencil :(

I usually use the wax to remove for the fine, downy hair, and tweeze to perfect the line, less risk of removing too much. :)

There's not much more you can do really. You've done the best thing
1. Acknowledged your mistake and informed the client
2. Refunded and apologised
3. Given her something that she can use to cover up the unevenness until it grows back.

You can't do much more and sometimes mistakes happen in life. Obviously she may be very upset but they will most probably grow back.
The only other thing I could suggest would be to purchase a growth serum such as rapidbrow or HD Brows brow booster to encourage the hairs to grow back.

Was she a first time client or have you waxed her before?

Just to add I would respect the fact that the therapist had owned up to their mistake rather than try and cover it up by making the other one thinner or covering with brow pencil to discover it once I washed off at home! [emoji33]

Thank you for your replies, she was a new client! I know mistakes happen I'm just really annoyed at myself but I guess you learn from your mistakes. I may look into some growth serums as well. I've spent all night thinking about eyebrows I don't think I even want to see any today!

This happened to me once. After over 10 years experience in the industry and I was horrified to say the least. I did exactly what you did. Apologised profusely. Didn't charge her for the treatment and gave her free eyebrow product to fill in her brows. The hair grew back in no time and she is probably my most loyal client.

Mistakes get made. We're all human. It's the way you deal with it that matters the most and I think you dealt with it perfectly!

Latest posts

Back